Clan Information
Season & Weather
Greenleaf first moon (Summer, June)
The storm has faded to a light mist, leaving it safe for hunting. The ground is soft and the grass is a luscious green. The air is pleasantly cool, but will soon warm.
The battle has ended and medicine cats from every Clan are frantically trying to tend to the injured. A group of rogues, lead by a cat who calls herself Onyx, has driven FireClan out of their camp and is gaining more support from other rogues by the hour.

DuskClan
Russetstar(@Skybreeze) - 8 lives
Deputies: Littleflower (@Daisyleap), Scorpionclaw (@Panthermask)
Medicine cats: Hollyshade(@Daisyleap), Coldfoot(@Leopardspots)
M/c apprentices: Spiderpaw(@Skybreeze), Tulippaw (@Willowpoppy)

FireClan
Redstar(@Daisyleap) - 9 lives
Deputies: Nightpelt(@Skybreeze), Darkfrost(@Spottedleaf)
Medicine cats: Soraflight(@Leopardspots), Mudstreak (@Aquastar)
M/c apprentices: Owlpaw (@Willowpoppy), Flurrypaw (@Quake)
Notice: FireClan camp is temporarily located within FrostClan due to a sudden rogue takeover.

WaterClan
Sandstar(@Aquastar) - 9 lives
Deputies: Turtlesplash(@Leopardspots), Nightfoot(@Daisyleap)
Medicine cats: Mistleleaf(@Willowpoppy), Twistedleg(@Skybreeze)
M/c apprentices: Peachpaw(@Daisyleap), Sunpaw(@Sunshadow)
Notice: WaterClan's Camp is currently located in their Swampy Forest due to flooding.

BrightClan
Ivorystar(@Willowpoppy) - 7 lives
Deputies: Lynxcloud(@Daisyleap), Skybreeze (@Skybreeze)
Medicine cats: Hazelflight(@Leopardspots), Seabreeze(@Wishflight)
M/c apprentices: Mistpaw(@Littlelily), {reserved}

FrostClan
Dapplestar(@Leopardspots) - 5 lives
Deputies: Cloverlily(@Daisyleap), Thornsplash(@Skybreeze)
Medicine cats: Ivyfeather(@Aquastar), Greytail(@Skybreeze)
M/c apprentices: Longpaw(@Daisyleap), Falconpaw(@Willowpoppy)
Forum Affiliates
~~
Warrior Cats: Untold Tales
~~
Legends, Lore, Fantasy and More RPG Board
~~
~~
~~
Dawn of the Dragons
~~

~~
For queries about becoming a site affiliate, private message Willow and they will get back to you ASAP :)

Ancient Clans: Journey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ancient Clans: Journey

Post by Leopardspots on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Allegiances

Travellers

Leader: Watersplash - a slate grey tom with bright blue eyes and white paws
Deputies
Leafshine - a light brown tabby she-cat with green eyes and white patches across her pelt
(Apprentice: Sedgepaw)
Brightwing - a large, calico she-cat with bright yellow eyes

Medicine cats
Tawnyheart - a ginger tabby tom with amber eyes and a striking gold mark on his chest
Raindapple - a mottled grey she-cat with pale green eyes
Grasspelt - a pale, golden tabby tom with dark green eyes
(apprentice: Silvertalon)
Eagleflight - a deep golden tom with narrow, amber eyes

Warriors
Purplefoot - a grey she-cat with grey eyes and blue-grey patches
(apprentice: Bluepaw)
Beestripe - a pale tabby tom with pure black stripes
Blossomsky - a tortoiseshell she-cat with green eyes
(apprentice: Puddlepaw)
Dustynose - a pale brown tom with amber eyes
Stormdapple - a mottled grey she-cat with grey eyes
(apprentice: Copperpaw)
Cloudbreeze - a pretty, mottled grey and white she-cat with pale blue eyes
(apprentice: Foxpaw)
Rippleshadow - a very dark grey tabby tom with black stripes and blue eyes
Emberflame - a heavily scarred ginger she-cat with yellow eyes
Birdsong - a grey tabby she-cat with clear, blue eyes
(apprentice: Skypaw)
Sandwhisker - a mottled brown tom with amber eyes
Frostdapple - a pure white she-cat with icy blue eyes
(apprentice: Smokepaw)
Pineheart - a reddish brown she-cat with wide, amber eyes
Mistysky - a silver tabby with dark grey stripes and blue eyes
(apprentice: Leopardpaw)
Rowanfall - a dark russet tom with yellow eyes
Palefoot - a black she-cat with white paws
(apprentice: Shadepaw)
Nettleclaw - a wiry brown tom with dark green eyes
Mousenose - a brown tom with green eyes
(apprentice: Mudpaw)
Thistle - a fluffy grey she-cat with yellow eyes
Firestrike - a pure black tom with flame-like amber eyes

Apprentices
Silvertalon - a dark grey she-cat with pale silver paws and pale blue
Bluepaw - a blue-grey she-cat with muddy yellow eyes
Puddlepaw - a brown tom with pale amber eyes
Copperpaw - a reddish brown she-cat with amber eyes
Foxpaw - a red tom with dark brown paws and amber eyes
Mudpaw - a brown tabby she-cat with white paws and yellow eyes
Sedgepaw - a white she-cat with green eyes
Whitepaw - a white tom with green eyes
Skypaw - a white tabby tom with blue eyes
Leopardpaw - a golden tabby she-cat with green eyes
Smokepaw - a grey she-cat with yellow eyes
Shadepaw - a red-golden tom with dark russet stripes and yellow eyes

Queens
Featherfoot - a small white queen with blue eyes
(Kits: Wavekit, Boulderkit)
Fawnstep - a brown she-cat with dark amber eyes and flecks of white and dark brown across her back
(Kits: Fennelkit, Owlkit, Sparrowkit)
Meadowflower - a pretty, soft grey tabby she-cat with gentle green eyes
(Kits: Larchkit, Birchkit)
Silverfrost - a pale silver she-cat with glaring amber eyes

Elders
Specklepelt - a mottled ginger tom with one, dark golden eye
Squirreltail - a heavily scarred grey tabby she-cat with brown eyes
Troutstrike - a tabby tom with dark brown fur and yellow eyes
Oakfoot - a white tom with brown paws and green eyes

Red's Gang

Red - a battle-scarred ginger tabby with amber eyes
Lightning - a yellow tabby tom with amber eyes
Fang - a tortoiseshell she-cat with amber eyes and long, yellow fangs
Bramble - a dark grey she-cat with golden eyes
Terra - a brown tabby she-cat with green eyes
Furze - a brown tabby she-cat with green eyes
Bracken - a brown tabby she-cat with green eyes
Grey - a grey tabby tom with a solid black stripe down his back and amber eyes
Ruby - a dark red she-cat with amber eyes
Tiger - a black tom with dapples of orange and clear, blue eyes

Cats outside the Clans

Artemis - a silvery she-cat with wide blue eyes
Apollo - a dark grey tom with wide yellow eyes
Sierra - a white she-cat with dark amber eyes
Kalahari - a long eared, cream she-cat with eerie silver eye
Atlas - a white tom with dark grey patches and dark blue eyes
Ravenstar - a pure black she-cat with bright blue eyes
Fernstar - a brown tabby she-cat with green eyes
Prologue:

Prologue
(Terra, 4 seasons ago)
“Are you sure you’ll be safe here with the kits?” the black and white tom mewed, his voice lined with concerned. Terra gave a purr of amusement and licked his ear affectionately.
“Don’t worry, I have Fang and Thistle here to protect me.” Terra mewed reassuringly, “You’ll only be out hunting, it won’t take long.”
Atlas frowned. “I know just...something seems off.” he muttered.
“Don’t worry yourself too much.” she mewed. Silly goose.
He nodded and padded out of the holly bush. Terra lay, her three kits curled up at her belly.
“Goodnight, little ones.” she muttered, resting her head on her paws to sleep.
---
A yowl of fury woke her. Terra lifted her head, pricking her ears. Two enormous cats rushed into her den, squalling furiously. Terra snarled and rose, standing in front of her kits, claws unsheathed and fangs bared. The two crashed into her, one of them sinking their teeth into her scruff. She spat and screeched, struggling to free herself as she was dragged out of the holly bush. She could hear her kits mewling and gave another feeble attempt to free herself. She twisted her head to see the rest of the gang. Spotty was pinned underneath a huge, reddish tom. Fang and Thistle were pinned. Bramble stood trembling while the other cats paid no attention to her. The red tom dug his fangs into Spotty’s throat. The leader struggled, squalling, then fell limp.

“There we are.” he spat, his face covered in dark blood. “If the rest of you don’t cooperate, you’ll end up like that, am I clear?”
Terra sat in shock, trying to fully process what had just happened. He just killed Spotty! Just like that!
The tom looked around, then nodded. “Only four of you and some kits? Huh, I expected more.”
Terra let out a sigh of relief. Atlas is still out. She wished more than anything she could see the nervous tom appear right now. No, they’d hurt him. He has to stay out. Please Atlas, don’t come back, stay away as long as you can.
---

They’d been driven back to the rogue camp a half moon ago. Furze, Fern, and Bracken all played in the grass without a care in the world. Red sat nearby, looking over proudly. As if they were his kits!
Oh Atlas, I’m sorry.

CHAPTER 13:

Chapter 13

(Cloudbreeze)

The sunrise is dull this morning, a mottled she-cat thought as she watched the horizon slowly grow brighter through the scant trees in their area. Looks like even SoulClan can't face another day like this. After a while pondering she stood and stretched, wincing as the old cobwebs on her sides pulled against her healing wounds, and sighed before she caught the scent of a familiar she-cat.

“Cloudbreeze, you should've woken me at moonhigh like Watersplash ordered,” Birdsong tutted as she padded up to her, her ruffled fur proof of the hard night the group had had.

“I was thinking. I couldn't have slept even if I wanted to,” Cloudbreeze shrugged, flattening her ears slightly as Birdsong tutted again. “I'm actually surprised that you can.”

Birdsong sighed. “I’m a warrior, Cloudbreeze. We’ll see those cats again in SoulClan when we both pass.” She nudged the other she-cat’s shoulder. “It's just a part of our lives.”

Cloudbreeze simply shook her head, looking away from the grey tabby she called her mate as the stirrings of life in the Clans’ temporary camp started to disturb the echoing songs of the birds.

--

Cloudbreeze scented the air as the little patrol bounded ahead of the main travelling group, stumbling a little on a tree root and cursing. The three other cats in the group looked back at her, one of them giving an amused snort.

“Shut up.” Cloudbreeze growled to the white she-cat.

The she-cat, who she’s pretty sure was named “Frostdapple”, gave a nonchalant shrug and continued forward. Cloudbreeze watched her suspiciously, then kept going.

Ugh, why couldn’t Birdsong have come along? Or at least someone from EchoClan, I don’t even know these cats!

A loud snapping sounded nearby. The cats’ heads whipped to look. A large, unfamiliar tortoiseshell glared at them through the branches of a holly bush, then turned and left.

“I recognize that cat! She was one of the cats I fought when the rogues attacked!” Frostdapple hissed. A commotion went up among the patrol

“What are they doing here?”

“How did they find us?”

“What if they came to fight again?”
“I thought they’d leave us alone after we killed their leader!”

Cloudbreeze split away from the three panicking cats and pushed through the holly bush. Cautiously, she stalked across the undergrowth, careful not to disturb a leaf or snap a twig. The great orange-and black back of the tortoiseshell showed through a patch of brambles. A small group of cats sat in a loose circle, whispering and talking. Cloudbreeze pricked her ears to listen in.

“-and I still don’t understand why we brought Terra along!”
“Hey, she can fight pretty well.”
“Yeah, but she might run off with some ‘oh so brave and handsome’ Clan cat while we’re supposed to be taking over their group.”

“Hey, look, she’s not really like that! You’re judging her off-”
“The fact that she was Red’s mate like, days after arriving?”

“There might be more-”
“I don’t want to hear your conspiracies, Bramble! After what Thistle did, the last thing we want to do is tick Red off.”
“Guys! Stop it! Do you smell that?”
“Smell what, you?”
“No, it smells like Clan-stench.”
Cloudbreeze realized she may have overstayed her welcome. She slid back through the undergrowth, dread looming over her as she heard another cat crashing through it. She finally reached the path where she and the other cats of her patrol had been not long ago, only to see they’d left without her. She cursed under her breath and scrambled clumsily up a tree. A grey shape slid out from the holly bush and looked around.

“Hey! EchoClan whatever-your-name-is, if that’s just you, show yourself!”
Cloudbreeze gripped the branch, prepared to drop down and fight the cat if needed. She looked around for a few more moments, then vanished back into the undergrowth.

---

“So they followed us here.” Watersplash mumbled, clearly unsettled.

“Sounds like they were expecting someone else from EchoClan.” Brightwing suggested, “Probably not you, someone they knew.”
“Who in SoulClan’s name could they know from EchoClan?” Leafshine mumbled.

Subconsciously, the Cloudbreeze glanced over at Thistle, who was entertaining a group of kits in the makeshift nursery. She realized everyone else in the discussion was doing the same. Watersplash looked accusingly around at them.

“Wha-her? Really?”
“Well, I mean, she used to be a rogue.” Frostdapple shrugged.

“So? She helped fight for us in the attack.” Watersplash growled defensively.

“Well, that might be an act to gain our trust.” one of the other StormClan warriors pointed out.

“Don’t think so, they said something about Thistle causing a huge problem in the group. That must have meant her joining us.” Cloudbreeze pointed out. Plus, I don’t see how a cat like that could ever be evil. Thistle was giving two of the youngest kits a badger-back ride, giving over exaggerated lurches and causing a lot of giggling.

“I don’t think it’s smart to trust her all the way though.” the other StormClan warrior mumbled.

“Well I trust her.” Watersplash snapped, unsheathing his claws. “We’ll tell the Clan that there are rogues following us, but no one start throwing accusations around, understood?”

“Understood” Cloudbreeze nodded.

“Understood”
“Understood”
“...understood.”
“Good, you may all be dismissed.”

Chapter 14:

Chapter 14

(Leafshine)

A cold breeze drifted over the makeshift camp, the thin trees offering nearly no shelter. Leafshine shuddered, huddling in her “nest”. It was less of a nest and more a pile of leaves scraped together into a circle. Shivering from the cold, Leafshine rose from her nest and decided to go for a walk.

Maybe I can scout out some more territory or hunt or something.

She tiptoed over the other sleeping cats, careful not to wake or step on anyone. A few other cats were huddled together or sleeping ontop of eachother. Smart. The only other cats awake were the guards, along a few cats out hunting. Guess I should join them. She trotted out of camp, the unfamiliar ground feeling weird under her paws. An owl’s cry sounded overhead, making her jump a little. She spotted a figure scrambling down a tree a few fox-lengths away and froze. What if it’s a raccoon? Or one of those rogues? As the figure got closer, she realized it was a rather small cat.

“Hello! Whatever your name is! I’m Fernstar! Well, I mean, I probably don’t deserve that name anymore but heheheh….I can’t think of anything else to say.”

Leafshine was more confused than ever before in her entire life. “Who in SoulClan’s name are you?”
“Uh...Fernpaw I guess.” she mumbled, looking down at her paws.

“You’re a Clan cat?” Leafshine mumbled, tilting her head. “I’ve never seen you around.”
“Well, I’m not really a Clan cat. I just think the name sounds cool. I kind of want to be in a Clan though.” Fernpaw mumbled.

Leafshine squinted at the rogue. She doesn’t look dangerous…

“Look, I promise I’m not with those other ones.” Fernpaw rambled reassuringly, “I want to help. I know some of the good thickets and shelters and prey spots around here. I can help!”

“I suppose I can bring you to camp.” Leafshine mumbled, “But we’ll have to see what Watersplash thinks of you.”

---

Leafshine padded into camp, the far-too-talkative she-cat bounding behind her. She spotted Watersplash talking to a black tom, who she assumed was originally from StormClan. “Watersplash, I found a rogue who-”
“FIRESTRIKE!!!” yelled Fernpaw, rushing forward and crashing into the black tom.

“Ooof, Fernstar? What are you doing here?” he grumbled, staggering to regain his balance.

“It’s a long story but I’ll tell you okay so I was just in my tree when-”
“OKAY THAT’S ENOUGH I NEED TO TALK TO WATERSPLASH!” Leafshine snapped, getting the two younger cats to shrink away from her. Watersplash looked very startled, amused, and intrigued.

“AS I WAS SAYING, I ran into this rogue while I was out walking. She seems to know a quite about the Clans, and apparently a few cats from them too.” she growled, shooting a look at Firestrike. “What do we do with her?”
Watersplash eyed the rogue, then turned back to Leafshine. “We should keep her here, that’s the best way to figure everything out. Plus, we could always use new members after our...er...recent losses.”

“Oooooooh! I can be helpful! I know of a great thicket near here so you guys don’t have to sleep out in the cold all the time! There are a ton of abandon camps around here from that journey thingy that happened back before I was born where a bunch of rogues were trying to find a place to live and-”
“OKAY THAT’S USEFUL NOW SHUT UP!” Leafshine roared.

Watersplash let out an amused snort while the two younger cats giggled. Leafshine rolled her eyes. We were never going to get back to camp if she kept talking, I did them all a favor.

“We can sort more of this out later.” Watersplash mewed, holding back more laughter, “For now, we should move everyone to this better thicket. I’ll try to wake everyone up.”

---

“...So like, they tried to keep it hidden so no other gangs would find them and attack them! So they always disguised themselves super well in the trees and bushes around it! Cool, right?”

Leafshine rolled her eyes, straying a bit from the group. She felt exhaustion wave over her and her step faltered. I can’t just fall asleep in the middle of walking! Oh, I should have stayed asleep.

Despite her best efforts, she stumbled and collapsed on the ground.

---

As though slapped back into reality, she was thrown out of her dreams and found herself curled up in the very spot she’d fallen asleep, except oddly, with Dustynose pacing nearby. What’s that mouse-brain doing here?

To answer her question, several rogues trotted down the path, seething furiously. Dustynose stepped back, cowering.

“F-Fang! Red! H-h-how nice to see you two here! With some others!” Dustynose yelped, eyeing the group behind them.

The reddish tom, whom Leafshine assumed was Red, stepped forward, tail lashing.

“Where are they?” he hissed, “You said they’d be at the last clearing! I gathered a fighting force and what did we find? Leaves and beetles!”

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know they’d move.” Dustynose gulped.

Red stepped forward. “My patience is running thin, Clan cat,” he spat, “Prove yourself to me, prove you can be useful, and I will allow you to live.”

Dustynose nodded, crouched in the grass, looking as though he wanted nothing more than to bolt. The rogues padded away, one giving a final glare at Dustynose, then leaving.

Leafshine stepped out of the bracken, claws unsheathed. Dustynose saw her and jumped, startled.

“Oh h-hi Leafshine,” he started, fear scent wafting off him, his eyes wide with pure terror. Leafshine stalked towards him, her lips curled into a snarl.

“You.”

“They promised I could live if I helped them! They only want the leaders dead! I was just going to have them kill Watersplash then let us be on our way! I promise! Don’t kill me!” Dustynose stuttered, his eye twitching.

Leafshine felt fury flooding through her. He’s been spying on us! He made us lose our home!

He’s the reason all those cats died…

“You don’t deserve mercy.” Leafshine hissed.
She lept forward swiftly and smashed his head against a rock. She shuddered as the tom went limp under her paws, then stepped away.

He’s still breathing. He’s still alive.
We’ll see what happens once Watersplash is done with him.

Chapter 15:

Chapter 15

(Watersplash)

Watersplash watched the snow drift slowly to the ground out in front of the thicket. Leaf-bare had finally come.

“Thank SoulClan Fernstar showed up when we did, we’d be freezing our tails off right now if it weren’t for this thicket.” Thistle mewed, padding out and sitting besides him.

“Yeah…” Watersplash sighed, feeling weighed down and...odd. He stood abruptly.
“I have to check on Dustynose sorry.” he rambled, strutting back into camp.

---

Leafshine and Sandwhisker were sitting guard outside the hollowed out log they’d deemed a prison. Watersplash gave each of them a curt nod and entered the hollow. The pale tom was laying down, pushed up as far as possible against the dirt wall in the back.

“Hello, Dustynose, how are you doing today?” Watersplash mewed with mock politeness.

“When are you going to let me go…?” Dustynose whimpered, tensing.

“As soon as we can be sure you’re loyal to the Clan.” Watersplash meowed.

Dustynose sighed and slumped. “So never then?”
“There could be an alternative solution.”

“What?”

“Exile.”

Dustynose looked alert again. “No no no no no no….are you kidding me? It’s cold! There are hostile rogues everywhere, I’ll DIE out there!”
“Should have thought about that before you betrayed us all for those rogues.” Watersplash scoffed as he padded out of the hollow. He passed Sandwhisker, gave him a nod, then clambered up the slanted tree trunk he’d deemed the temporary meeting spot.

“Let all cats gather to hear my words!” Watersplash yowled.

He watched from above as the once-proud EchoClan and StormClan cats gathered beneath him, ribs showing through their scarred pelts. Loud squalling sounded from the hollow as Sandwhisker dragged Dustynose out. Watersplash watched impatiently as cats scattered to make way for them. Sandwhisker finally dropped the treacherous warrior at the base of the tree and vanished back into the crowd.

“This cat you all see before you is a traitor!” Watersplash yowled, instigating whispers from the crowd.

“That snivelling coward?”
“He can’t be a traitor, can he?”
“Hey, that’s my aunt’s kit! That’s my cousin!”
“What did he do to deserve this?”

Watersplash motioned for the crowd to be silent. “Dustynose, do you deny your actions of spying on our Clan for rogues?”

Dustynose looked around wildly for a moment, then dipped his head. “I-I do not.” he muttered. Gasps and yowls arose from the cats below, followed by quiet whispering. Watersplash felt slight guilt clawing at his belly. He might actually die out there...I could cause this cat’s death.

“Do you have anything to say to defend yourself?” Watersplash growled, lowering his gaze directly to Dustynose, meeting his terrified amber eyes.

“I-I promise I had a reason! I was doing it for the good of the Clan!” Dustynose spat, whirling to the crowd. “Someone has to believe me!”

A few of the cats shifted their eyes, whispers flying throughout the crowd.

“Dustynose, I hereby banish you from this Clan.” Watersplash yowled.

---

Brief silence, followed by the loudest argument Watersplash had ever heard in his life. Screeches and screams sounded throughout the cats. Dustynose ducked underneath a cat hurling themselves towards him and pushed through, rapidly exiting the thicket.

“Serves him right-”

“-what if he was set up-”
“He was deputy before-”
“-proof do we have?”
Watersplash shrank back, fur bristling and heart racing. Brightwing scrambled up besides him, standing regally atop the tree trunk.

“SILENCE!”

The effect was immediate. The yelling hushed completely, not even a mutter or a whisper breaking it. Brightwing lashed her tail.

“That cat betrayed our Clan and doesn’t deserve our pity.” she snapped, “Let us be done with this matter and focus on surviving.”

Thank SoulClan I have this cat as my deputy. Watersplash thought quietly to himself as he stepped forward.

“We’ll stay in this thicket for another half-moon or so, then move on.” Watersplash announced, “Before then, we will send out scouting parties to find new camps, and potentially new territory for us to settle on.”

The cats below still seemed shocked and hostile, but gradually began to mutter agreements, a few remaining silent. Watersplash was determined to act as collected and leaderlike as possible in front of his new Clan.

“Brightwing, you and Fernstar will lead a patrol west of here, towards the sunset.” Watersplash called. Brightwing gave a nod of agreement.
“We will keep the Clans alive!”

Chapter 16:

Chapter 16

(Brightwing)

Brightwing bounded gracefully through the snow, sending flakes flying around her. The other cats on the patrol were slowly wading through the thick, newly fallen snow with what appeared to be great difficulty.

“Slow down!” one of them called, shuddering as he made his way through the deep snow. Weaklings, someone ought to shape them up. Brightwing pranced ahead, leaving the patrol completely. The snow started to thin out in the forest area, with small flakes drifting slowly from the branches above where they’d been caught. Brightwing looked around, taking a moment to enjoy the scenery and let the rest of the cats catch up. Brightwing spotted several silhouettes coming from the other side of the forest. She tensed, prepared to fight. Two of the figures broke away from the rest of the group and bounded towards her. As they got closer, Brightwing was able to distinguish a slender, silvery cat, and a fluffy, dark grey cat.

They look less roughed up and vicious than the rogues, but I should still be cautious.

“Who are you?” Brightwing called, her back arched threateningly.

The two approached her, slowing into a steady trot. Both of them looked curious, but not hostile or menacing.

“Hi! I’m Artemis,” The silvery she-cat purred.

“And I’m Apollo!” The grey tom mewed.

“Never seen you around these parts before…”

“...I thought we knew every cat in the forest!”

“You must be those new cats I heard Sierra talking about.”

Brightwing watched them, her back fur still bristling. Who are these cats?

“What are you doing here?” Artemis mewed, tilting her head.

“I’m taking my Clan in search of a new home.” Brightwing mewed confidently, her tail swishing. The two rogues glanced at each other, than Apollo looked back to her.

“Your what now?”

Brightwing exhaled sharply in irritation. Why was I expecting them to know?

The rest of her patrol finally caught up, along with the other rogues she’d seen. They all looked wary but intrigued, aside from Frostdapple and one black-and-white rogue. The two glared at each other, hackles raised and teeth bared. A thin cream she-cat with eerie silver eyes stepped up in front of the black and white tom, giving him a harsh glare, then turning back to Brightwing.

“What is your business here?” She mewed, flicking her long tail.

Frostdapple, who seemed to have calmed down, tried to stand in front of Brightwing.

“We are from a nearby forest, in the foothills of a mountain. We’ve been driven from our home by vicious rogues and-”

Brightwing pushed Frostdapple back behind her. Don’t forget who’s in charge here, fox-heart.

“Have you seen any other new cats around here?” Brightwing asked, “Possibly bearing large scars? Probably leaving scent markers everywhere.”

The black and white cat pushed in front of the cream one, making her lose her balance and fall forward ungracefully.

“My old gang was captured and never seen again by a group like that.” He growled, his black tail swishing. “Do you know where they currently are?”
“Sorry, but no.” Brightwing mewed, her ear twitching as a cold breeze blew over them.

“Atlas, stand down.” A fluffy grey she-cat mewed, helping the cream she-cat to her paws. Atlas gave an irritated huff and backed up. Frostdapple was peering interestedly at the group, while the rest of the patrol looked tense and hostile. Brightwing felt the awkwardness of the situation overwhelming her.

“I think I heard something.” She announced.

“What?” One former EchoClan cat mewed.

Brightwing padded away instead of responding. The sharp piney tang surrounded her as she wandered into the forest, snow still falling lightly from above. Nothing alerted her to the enormous weight about to drop on her from above.

---

Instinct kicked in. Brightwing flipped onto her back, crushing the stranger beneath her, then took off. Another cat darted out from the branches of a pine tree and lunged towards her. She swerved to the side, hoping to loose him, but instead ended up crashing directly into the cat who had jumped her before. She let out a snarl of fury and turned to run the other way, only to find the cat from the pine standing there.

“Clan cat, ya reckon?”

Brightwing didn’t wait for the rest of his taunting. She took the chance and bolted. Brightwing darted through the forest, hearing the trampling of paws nearby. She saw a figure step in front of her and stopped before crashing directly into them. The cat turned, eyes wide, and Brightwing found herself staring directly at Frostdapple.

“What-”
Glad for the first time in her life to see the arrogant she-cat, Brightwing motioned to the two rogues struggling to catch up to her. Frostdapple gave her a nod of understanding and got into a battle ready position. Brightwing, heart racing, joined her. She was bracing herself for impact when a blur of color flashed between them.

Chapter 17:

Chapter 17

(Frostdapple)

Frostdapple twitched her ear in surprise as one of the loners from earlier stood in front of her, staring down the two rogues. The rogues backed up and turned, running the other way. The grey she-cat turned, her large, blue eyes blinking in a concerned manner.

“Are you alright?” She mewed, tilting her head.

Brightwing simply nodded. Frostdapple padded forward.

“Thank you for helping us. That was incredibly brave of you, defending two strangers like that.”
The she-cat glanced down at the ground, her expression clearly holding back a smile.

“Ah, it was nothin’, couldn’t just see you two get shredded when I was there to help. Name’s Sierra, by the way.”

“Sierra, would you be interested in joining our Clan?” Frostdapple mewed, feeling a swell of pride as the she-cat’s face lit up.

“Uh, yeah, I can’t just abandon my friends though.” Sierra muttered, failing to suppress a grin this time.

“Well they could join as well, we could always use a few more paws helping out!”

“What are you doing?” Brightwing hissed, “Who gave you the authority to just recruit cats?”
“Who gave you the authority to stop me?” Frostdapple retorted.

“Uh, Watersplash?” Brightwing grumbled.

Frostdapple ignored her and turned back to Sierra. “What do you say?”
“I’ll have to ask them, but I accept you offer!” Sierra mewed excitedly, “I’ll go tell the others.” The enthusiastic grey she-cat darted off into the pine forest.

---

Frostdapple walked ahead of Brightwing on the way back to camp. She felt as though she’d earned that position. The new recruits seemed rather nervous, aside from Sierra and the grouchy black-and-white tom. Atlas? Was that his name? He always looked like he was ready to tear someone’s ears off. She shrugged it off. He’ll warm up to everyone.

The cat guarding their makeshift camp tilted their head in confusion.

“Beestripe, what in SoulClan-”
“I honestly have no idea, Fawnstep.” The EchoClan warrior shrugged.

“These are our new recruits.” Brightwing said, her tone flat and hostile.

“Oh, should I get Watersplash?”
“No need.” A cheerful voice sounded. Their “leader” rounded the corner, followed by the weird rogue that always seemed to follow him around. “New recruits?”
“We found them nearby and they said that they wanted to join.” Frostdapple shrugged, watching Brightwing for reaction. The “deputy” kept a straight face, though her claws unsheathed.

“Ah, welcome to the Clan.” Watersplash mewed. The rogue stood rigid, her eyes fixed on Atlas, who was focused on Watersplash.

“What do we do in this...Clan?” He growled, still not noticing the rogue.

“It’s kind of like y-”
“It’s kind of like your gang but a lot bigger with a sense of community and we share and train our kits to fight and everyone is loyal to each other.” Brightwing meowed in a rushed voice, cutting off Frostdapple.

Frostdapple felt a rush of amusement. She really wants to keep her position.

Atlas nodded, then started looking around. He caught the rogue’s eye and froze.

“Thistle?”
“Atlas?”

The two tentatively padded towards each other, scanning over each other for a moment, then Atlas pressed his head into her shoulder.

“I thought you were all dead!” He sobbed.

Watersplash narrowed his eyes. “Thistle, do you know this cat?”

“Yeah, we used to be in a gang.” Thistled stuttered, leaning her head against Atlas. “I haven’t seen you in moons.” She murmured.

Watersplash shifted in discomfort and stepped between them. “We should head back into camp now and introduce everyone.” He mewed, tail lashing. “Recruits, follow me, I’ll situate you with how everything works.”

chapter 18:

Chapter 18

(Firestrike)

“So, am I like your apprentice now?” Fernpaw giggled happily, tail flicking. Firestrike stifled a smile.

“No, that name is just a formality. Watersplash is still trying to figure out what to do with you.”

The temporary camp around them was bustling with life. The new recruits had been added quite warmly to their ranks.

“Hey, quit that!” Firestrike snapped as Fernpaw tackled his tail. “You’re acting like a kit.”
“And you’re acting like an elder.” Fernpaw pointed out smugly.

Firestrike rolled his eyes and padded across the camp, Fernpaw close at his paws. Several cats nodded in respect towards him, while several others glared hostiley. Firestrike felt the hairs on his back prickle. I guess Frostdapple has told every cat in camp I’m Zero’s son by now.

“Hey!”

Firestrike turned his head. The unfriendly black and white rogue was bounding toward him.

“Wait! I’m not-” Firestrike stuttered, but blinked in surprise as he raced right past and into Fernpaw. He stared at her for a moment, eyes wide with disbelief.

“T-Terra?”
Fernpaw tilted her head. “Uhhhh, well, no-”

The rogue dipped his head and sighed. “I knew it was too good to be true.”
“Terra’s my mom, do you know her?” Fernpaw mewled curiously.

Atlas looked up at her, eyes shining. “If she’s your mother...I may very well be your father.”

---

“Uh, okay, that’s not a thing you just casually bring up.” Fernpaw mewed after a long period of silence. Firestrike swivelled his head and glared at her. Rude.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t sure if there was a better way to put it.” The rogue mewed, shuffling his paws.

“B-but, how can you be my father! I was born super far from here! And this is where you live!” Fernpaw exclaimed.

He sighed and looked up at the ceiling, which was layered with tree branches and tangled ivy.

“It’s a long story.....”

---

“For starters, my name is Atlas. Seasons ago, I was a kit living near here. Customary for most rogues, my mother kicked me and my littermates out once we were old enough to fend for ourselves. I, for one, disliked loneliness. I found and gained the trust of an older cat named Spotty, and he decided to take me into his little gang. That’s where I met her.

“She was the most beautiful cat I’d ever laid eyes on. She has eyes like luscious leaves and stripes like oak branches that seemed to breath with every movement they made. She was another kit like me, who’d been kicked out a few moons prior by her mother. We instantly became inseparable. Terra and I against the world, those were the good days.

“As we got older, we decided what we felt towards each other was that far stronger than friendship. It was pure, unrelenting love. We agreed to be mates, no, more than mates. There’s no words to describe what we had. Our gang grew more successful, we made dominated the territory and made ourselves known. No one would dare steal from us. She had our kits. Everything seemed to be going so perfectly, no cat had ever been happier than I in that time.

“One fateful day, I went out to hunt. She insisted I stop fussing over her and get out more. While I was out, something felt wrong. So horribly wrong. I abandoned the hunt and raced back to camp as quickly as I could. Once I got back, everyone was gone. I thought perhaps they’d moved on without me. But Terra could never have left me! And she had kits with her! I searched frantically. I found crows feasting off Spotty’s body with no sign of any of the others.
“I’ve searched far and wide since. Cats in the area had told me about a hostile group, but every time I tried to search there I was rather violently thrown off. Eventually, I realized that I needed a group of my own if I were to survive. I found Kalahari and the others, and they brought me in. I know some of them must dislike me, but I’ve been too useful to them to run me off. I’m the only one of them who seems to really know how to hunt and fight! If you’re all tracking down these rogue, well, I figured this must be my best bet.”

Chapter 19:

Chapter 19

(Leafshine)

Leafshine had officially decided that she hated both snow and water with a passion. She hissed as yet another of the slimy fish wiggled free and splashed away.

“That was pretty good!” Sandwhisker mewed, “But you have to be quicker about it! You can’t stand around waiting for the fish to jump into your paws, you have to strike at it the moment you see it!”
How about I strike at you instead. Leafshine thought bitterly, scanning the water. On her side, another cat slipped and fell into the water as he tried to hook a fish.

“Very nice try, Skypaw! Uh, try not lunging forward-”
“Try eating my tail.” Skypaw snarled, dragging himself out of the icy water and shaking his fur out. His fur stuck out everywhere, causing laughter to erupt from the apprentices besides him.

“Puh! I oughtta claw all your ears off!” he announced, “I’m Scorchstar’s grandson! Sandwhisker, I think I deserve to go home.”
“I think you deserve to stay here and learn fishing like the rest of us!” A former StormClan warrior spat, clearly fed up with the snotty apprentice.

Leafshine tossed her head and stared into the dark waters again, eyes scanning for the shadows of fish under the surface. Her eyes caught a small shape darting towards her. She froze, poised and waiting, then flashed her claws. She felt a flash of triumph as her claws hooked the scales and she dropped the fish on the bank.

“Nice catch, Leafshine!” Sandwhisker called, puffing out his chest and trying to act authoritative. Trying not to seem too proud of her catch, she went back to scanning the water.

---

A startled hiss drew her attention back to the bank. A group of strange cats rushed in, grabbing catches from cats and battering at any cat who tried to protest.

“What the-” Leafshine saw a familiar face grab her fish. The triumphant, amber eyes of Dustynose flashed past her, then vanished into the undergrowth. The bank cats were trying to chase after, but the tangled undergrowth was too difficult to navigate without experience. Leafshine flinched as a thorn branch hit her in the forehead. She pulled herself out, several patches of fur being left behind.

---

The patrol reentered camp. Brightwing padded up to greet them.

“How was the patrol?” the unofficial deputy mewed, confusion lining her voice as she scanned the angry crowd. Skypaw angrily stepped forward and dropped a minnow onto the ground.

“This is all we could catch.” he grumbled.

Brightwing looked down at it, frowning. “Well, we have a hunting patrol out, this was just for learning fishing-”
“Rogues stole our catches.” Leafshine announced, “We didn’t have enough time to track them down so we decided to come right back here.”

Brightwing flattened her ears. “I suppose we should report this to Watersplash…”
“I suppose we should.” Leafshine snapped back, flicking her ear.

The two stalked towards the leader’s den, which was simply a bush surrounded by a pile of boulders. Leafshine scrambled over, flinching as her paws hit sharp bits on the rough surface of the rocks. Let’s hope, wherever we’re going, there aren’t anymore mountains.

“Waterspl-” Leafshine started, then froze.

Her brother and that rogue he’d kept prisoner who’d eventually just melded into the Clan were nose-to-nose, letting out purrs.

“Uh, sir?” Brightwing mewed, coughing awkwardly.

Watersplash froze, eyes widening as he whipped his head towards them. His face had a look of pure terror written across it.

“Oh, uh...hello Brightwing, Leafshine. Errrr what are you doing here?” he coughed. Thistle snorted and bumped him.

“Stop acting shy,” she purred, “Can he help you two with anything?”

Leafshine huffed in amusement, lowering her gaze as not to meet her brother’s embarrassed gaze.

Brightwing didn’t seem nearly as phased. “A patrol that Sandwhisker took to learn fishing got attacked by rogues and they stole most of the catches.” she announced, “We need to do something once and for all about those rogues before more cats get killed by them.”

Thistle let out a low growl. “Ugh, I thought for sure those cats would be scattered to the winds the moment Zero died.”

“Well, you clearly know quite a bit about them,” Leafshine mewed, trying to include her brother’s new mate, “Maybe you could us plan something?”

“Huh, doubt it.” Thistle spat, “Although, I may know someone that can help us. My half-sister Bramble was captured as well, and my friend Terra is Red’s mate.”
“Red?” Brightwing mumbled.

“Yeah, he’s probably the leader now. He was always sort of Zero’s second.” Thistle explained, “He was the one who assigned cats to hunting and smaller raids. If you happened to tick him off, you could bet you’d have the worst jobs.”

“Interesting.” Leafshine mumbled. Like a deputy, but evil.

“So, this Terra could definitely help us? Like, not secretly betray us?” another voice rang. Leafshine turned, eyes narrowed and ears flattened, to face Frostdapple.

“Doubt it, she hates Red as much as anyone. She’s only mates with him for hunting benefits as far as I can tell.” Thistle mewed.

“What are YOU doing in here?” Leafshine snapped without hesitation. The cocky white cat was constantly trying to take control of patrols, meetings, anything that had to do with the deputies. She was the one who suggested a former StormClan cat for second deputy, of course she must’ve meant herself.

Someone needs to show her who’s in charge around here.

Last edited by Leopardspots on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm; edited 19 times in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

DuskClan: Blueshine(elder), Coldfoot(medicine cat), Tawnysky, Dawnfire, Shadowblaze, Hawksky
FireClan: Soraflight(med. cat), Birchstripe, Robinpaw, Flamekit
WaterClan: Turtlesplash(deputy), Marshfeather, Rippleshade, Snailnose, Carrotnose, Leopardpaw(mentor: Firepool), Willowpaw(mentor: ), Spiderpaw(mentor: )
BrightClan: Hazelflight(med. cat) Petrelflight(app Snowpaw), Jasperheart(app Blizzardpaw), Moonshine, Stormtail, Runningscar, Crabpaw, Mothpaw
FrostClan: Dapplestar, Hailstreak, Fennelstrike, Owlstripe, Crowsong
Other: Shard(rogue), Jingle(rogue), Angus(loner), Dottie(loner), Martenpaw
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ancient Clans: Journey

Post by Mistpaw on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Wow this is amazing!

About Me!:

Hi there! I am Mistpaw! I am a senior warrior on warriorclan right now! I don't actually mind being called senior, even if I'm not that old Razz. Anyway a bit about me:
I am a 13 year old Australian, who loves animals. I love pokemon and have been playing pokemon for ages.
Other:
Name: You can call me Bella, Lily or Mist
Favourite Pokemon: Rockruff
What Pokemon are you: Lycanroc
Favourite cat to roleplay: Mistpaw <3

I hope to see you around!

Also, this is my pokemon, Lapis. Pleaseeeeee click him!

Lilyshadow X Thundersong! The most amazing ship ever!
Mistpaw
Brilliant Supporter
Brilliant Supporter

Location : Probally on Berdi island protecting the pokemon from Team Skull and Team Rocket.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisyleap on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:27 am

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAHHH YES

Daisy's Cats:
Dusk- Littleflower, Hollyshade, Daisyleap, Blizzardtuft, Gingerpatch, Grassflight, Creampaw
Fire- Redstar, Hawkstep, Pebblesplash, Flamepaw, Barley, Daffodilkit
Water- Nightfoot, Peachpaw, Salmonpelt, Seashell, Flowerbelly, Rosepaw, Poolglow, Shorekit, Basilkit
Bright- Lynxcloud, Aurorashade, Tornadopaw, Sparrowpaw, Tumblekit, Lightningkit
Frost- Cloverlily, Longpaw, Scorchwind, Rattail, Lunarshine, Ibispaw
RLK- Min, Peony, Indigo, Slash, Fleur, Blair, Tommy, Fjord, Scoop, Ray, Inkeri, Hydra, Ryu
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:09 am

omg

DIS IS

AWESOMEEEEEEEE

I LUV

PitaPata Cat tickers
Quake
Audition Instructor
Audition Instructor

Location : playing my phone and bouncing on bananas and becoming high off pancakes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthermask on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:26 am

AMAZING LEOOO

DC: Scorpionclaw(deputy), Primrosekit(kit)
FC: 
WC: Doveflight(queen), Shadeheart(warrior), Hazelpaw(apprentice), Saffronkit(kit)

BC: 
FC: 
RLK: Quartz, Lavender, Hellfire

Hey, I'm Panther! I'm a mod on this site so feel free to ask any questions if needed!

PitaPata Cat tickers

Panthermask
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:50 am

*cackles happily*

sparkle W I L L O W S T O R M sparkle

Kitties:
Dusk - Tulippaw(m), Stormpoppy, Riverswoop, Rainpaw, Moonpaw, Brindlekit, Snakekit
Fire - Owlpaw(m) Acornwhisker, Tawnyfrost, Claypaw, Cloudpaw, Bramblepaw, Milkweed, Toadkit
Water - Mistleleaf(m) Rubblewind, Cedarhowl, Tanglepaw, Quartzpaw, Carpkit, Mallowkit, Sorrelkit
Bright - Ivorystar, Fawndapple, Wavepaw, Risingpaw, Cherrywind(q), Flickerkit, Ryekit, Aspenflame(e)
Frost - Falconpaw(m), Lynxfang, Windblaze, Briarscorch, Starrypaw
Out of Clan
Onyx - Onyx(l), Frostbite
Nova - Nova(l), Velvet(q), Comet(k)
Fleur - Taz (m), Croissant, Cinnamon
Mochi - Alchemy(m), Karma
Flavia - Blink, Blade
Slash - Sven(cm), Aether
Obsidian - Obsidian(l), Veritas
Svana - Briar(m), Morpheus
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Update: Chapter 13

(stalled this one day bc national gf day seems like a good release for this one)

DuskClan: Blueshine(elder), Coldfoot(medicine cat), Tawnysky, Dawnfire, Shadowblaze, Hawksky
WaterClan: Turtlesplash(deputy), Marshfeather, Rippleshade, Snailnose, Carrotnose, Leopardpaw(mentor: Firepool), Willowpaw(mentor: ), Spiderpaw(mentor: )
BrightClan: Hazelflight(med. cat) Petrelflight(app Snowpaw), Jasperheart(app Blizzardpaw), Moonshine, Stormtail, Runningscar, Crabpaw, Mothpaw
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:26 am

update: chapter 14

Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:14 am

Bootyful

PitaPata Cat tickers
Quake
Audition Instructor
Audition Instructor

Location : playing my phone and bouncing on bananas and becoming high off pancakes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:35 am

Update: 15 & 16

Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:17 am

Excitingggg

PitaPata Cat tickers
Quake
Audition Instructor
Audition Instructor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:30 am

here come dat update

Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Introducing: easily the worst chapter

Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skybreeze on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:07 am

WOWOW
I love this!!
The story is amazingly well done and written!!

my kitties <3:
DC: Robinblaze, Snakewhisker, Beetlestorm, Dovefrost,Leafshade, Bramblepaw, Shrewpaw, Magpiefur, Stormheart, Spiderpaw
FC: Nightpelt, Darkwillow, Dawnmist, Sunstep, Sootpatch, Snowfire,Flarepaw, Pinepaw, Rowankit, Spookkit, Cactus
WC: Lakemist, Twistedleg, Firepool, Turtlestone, Spottedface, Ebonyfur, Zebrapaw, Thunderpaw, Pigeonkit, Sandstone, Ambergaze, Shadowpaw, Windpaw, Tidekit, Rosewater
BC:Skybreeze, Eagleblaze, Foxdapple, Tigerpounce, Daisypaw, Nettlepaw, Ottersplash, Sparrowsong, Echokit, Fallenpaw, Jadepaw, Squirrelkit
FC: Graytail, Heatherglow, Silvertalon, Cloudmist,Dragonfang,Poppywind, Thornsplash, Freckledrose, Ripplefang, Creekpaw, Whitepaw

Skybreeze
Audition Instructor
Audition Instructor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:25 am

sky you found it! yay!

PitaPata Cat tickers
Quake
Audition Instructor
Audition Instructor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:36 am

*requests an update because I've read the majority of this story and everyone deserves to read it*

sparkle W I L L O W S T O R M sparkle

Kitties:
Dusk - Tulippaw(m), Stormpoppy, Riverswoop, Rainpaw, Moonpaw, Brindlekit, Snakekit
Fire - Owlpaw(m) Acornwhisker, Tawnyfrost, Claypaw, Cloudpaw, Bramblepaw, Milkweed, Toadkit
Water - Mistleleaf(m) Rubblewind, Cedarhowl, Tanglepaw, Quartzpaw, Carpkit, Mallowkit, Sorrelkit
Bright - Ivorystar, Fawndapple, Wavepaw, Risingpaw, Cherrywind(q), Flickerkit, Ryekit, Aspenflame(e)
Frost - Falconpaw(m), Lynxfang, Windblaze, Briarscorch, Starrypaw
Out of Clan
Onyx - Onyx(l), Frostbite
Nova - Nova(l), Velvet(q), Comet(k)
Fleur - Taz (m), Croissant, Cinnamon
Mochi - Alchemy(m), Karma
Flavia - Blink, Blade
Slash - Sven(cm), Aether
Obsidian - Obsidian(l), Veritas
Svana - Briar(m), Morpheus
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 pm

update approved i was just too lazy to post more
Chapter 19 has been added

Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I regret not making a post right below the story

Post by Leopardspots on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Chapter 20:
Chapter 20
(Cloudbreeze)
“Woah.” Cloudbreeze muttered, gazing up at the enormous trees. Birdsong let out a satisfied purr.
“See! I told you it was cool out here!” she called, darting into the trees.
“Hey, wait up!” Cloudbreeze shot back, dashing after her. The trees towered over them, blocking out most of the sun. The floor was absolutely overgrown with shrubs and ferns, making it impossible to step without stepping on something. She finally spotted Birdsong out on a mossy rock, looking over the expanse ahead. Cloudbreeze pushed her way out of the foliage and arrived at the rock, sitting next to her so her fur pressed against her’s. A small waterfall trickled into a creek below, which fed into the big river that they’d been following for most of their travels.
“This is amazing!” Cloudbreeze gasped, earning a purr from Birdsong.
“Yeah, I do hope Watersplash doesn’t decided to settle here. It’s too closed in and mossy.” Birdsong pointed out.
“Yeah, still pretty though.” Cloudbreeze shrugged, “We should at least report back with it instead of just staring at it.”
Birdsong frowned, “Yeah, we have been gone a while. I wonder what we’ve missed?”
---
The two arrived back at the thicket to see the travelling cats flooding out. Cloudbreeze squinted and trotted into the group, mumbling and apologizing as she bumped into cats. Leafshine turned to her and let out a sigh of relief.
“There you two are! We were starting to get worried!” Leafshine mewed cheerily.
“What’s going on?!” Birdsong demanded.
“We’re moving camp locations,” Leafshine mewed, “The rogues know where our camp is, and it was getting a bit stuffy anyways.”
She quickly changed the subject. “Where were the both of you? You were just supposed to be scouting, right?” 
Fawnstep, who was a few steps away from her, butted in. “It’s been, like, more than a day.”
“Oh, er, we got a bit off track…” Cloudbreeze mumbled.
“We found a jungle!” Birdsong grinned.
“Oh, interesting.” Leafshine mewed, clearly kind of irritated.
“Maybe we should head there!” Fawnstep suggested cheerily.
Leafshine scoffed, “Ahem, Thistle already has our location planned out?”
“Yeah, well maybe instead of fighting we should just keep going?” Fawnstep retorted.
“Fawnstep, they’d just keep going after us-”
The clouds rolling in the distance rumbled, rolling in to block the sunlight. One of the kits squealed and raced apart from his family, pressing his face into Cloudbreeze’s leg. She shook him off and stepped back in shock. A queen who she assumed was the mother darted in to fetch the kit, shooting Cloudbreeze a glare before picking the kit up and carrying him back to the rest of the kits.
“What was that?” Birdsong muttered.
“I’m not a huge fan of kits.” Cloudbreeze admitted awkwardly.
Birdsong gave a disapproving shake of her head and quickened her pace. What’d I do? Cloudbreeze wondered, her confusion quickly being replaced by irritation.
“Leafshine-”
“Shush, Watersplash is trying to say something.” Leafshine whispered.
---
“Medicine cats! Help! A kit has fainted!” he called, his voice edged with panic. Cats pushed past her and Cloudbreeze tried to keep her balance. She was jostled forward to see the kit that had run into her earlier collapsed on the ground, panting.
“The medicine cats are back tending to the elders!” someone shouted from the crowd, “Someone needs to run and get them!”
Another kit frantically shook and prodded the collapsed kitten.
“Can you help him?” the little tabby mewed, his eyes wide.
Cloudbreeze took a step back. “Me? I’m not medicine cat!” she stuttered.
The tabby kit shrugged, breaking eye-contact. “I feel like you can help him though…” he whispered.
Another kit, whom Cloudbreeze assumed was his sister, jabbed him in the shoulder and hissed.
“Shut up about your stupid destiny! Rabbitkit needs real help, not some random stranger who probably hasn’t even seen a kit before in their life, much less healed one!” she snapped, tail lashing and eyes wide with worry.
“Wait.” Cloudbreeze murmured. She remembered, back when she was an apprentice, she tried to hang out with her half-sister, Raindapple. She used to tell her about some of the things she’d learned about. After a while, she stopped even bothering with her. She was always so pushy and boring, plus she and her mother had always acted weird around Birdsong. “Apparently just staying out in the sun can hurt your head, it’s always important to drink a lot of water on hot days. Even on cold days, too much sun exposure can hurt. I thiiink cold moss to the head helps?”
“Get me some soaked moss! As much water as you can collect!” Cloudbreeze called. Sandwhisker rushed off, back towards the river he had been fishing at earlier. She waited a tense, few minutes beside the kit, murmuring comforting words to him. Finally, the energetic brown tom bounded up to her, a clod of cool, wet moss hanging from his jaws. He carefully draped the moss over the kit’s forehead. The little kit blinked and opened his mouth in a pathetic whimper. Could her sister’s boring advice really have saved this kit’s life?
“My head hurts.” he coughed, rising shakily to his paws, voice cracking.
“Oh, thank SoulClan you’re alright,” the queen who’d fetched him earlier sighed, nuzzling her face against his pelt.
“Meadowflower, give him a little space,” a young black tom mewed, grinning and flicking his tail.
“Oh, shove off, Firestrike,” the queen sighed, “I‘m sure Rabbitkit enjoys the attention.”
---
Cloudshine jumped slightly feeling something bump against her shoulder, but turned to see Birdsong grinning.
“Didn’t think you knew anything about medicine.” she chuckled, butting her head against Cloudbreeze.
“Didn’t think I did either.” Cloudbreeze admitted, flicking her fluffy tail.
“Well, I’m glad you did,” Birdsong purred, “How, though? I mean, you never talked about it with me, you rarely ever spent any time in the medicine den!”
“Hah, remember when I broke my paw and-”
“It was Raindapple, wasn’t it?” Birdsong cut in.
Cloudbreeze looked down at her paws as she walked, not answering.
“I don’t understand why you hate her so much. I mean, it’s not her fault your dad...y’know.” Birdsong muttered awkwardly.
“What? No, I know, I know. She’s just kinda...boring I guess? Plus her mom hates me.” Cloudbreeze explained, “I mean, I used to try to talk to her since as a kit I’d just get glared at by her mom and I guess I was curious as to what she was like. In a rebellious way, I mean, she...she was my half-sister! And, I’m sorry I ditched you so many times to hang out with her-”
“Then got mad at me whenever I tried to talk to her?” Birdsong chuckled.
“Yeah…I guess I didn’t want you to know I was hanging out with such a boring fox-heart. I didn’t want you to think less of me.” Cloudbreeze murmured.
“Pf, nice to hear that I guess.” Birdsong giggled, nudging her, “Though I think you should realize that I wouldn’t really care all that much. I still love you, even if you are related to someone boring. Though, I think she can’t actually be as bad as you say.”
Birdsong suddenly stiffened at her side.
“Wh-”
“Shh, did you hear that?” Birdsong whispered. Cloudbreeze pricked her ears, listening to the chirps and rustles of the nearby forest. From the same woods she heard...a voice?

Suddenly, a shape flashed out and grabbed the warrior in front of her and drove his fangs into the cat’s throat.

[spoiler = Chapter 21]

Chapter 21

(Watersplash)

Watersplash stepped back in horror as the rogues approached from the shadows. The first-coming calico dropped the corpse and flashed a smile towards him. Thistle backed against him, hackles raised. Dozens of rogues stepped out of the forest menacingly, led by a handsome, red tom.

“Well well, what do we have here?” he mewed in a silky, menacing voice. The cats on both sides, Clan and rogue, were lining up without orders to. Red grinned, focusing on Watersplash and Thistle.

“Haven’t you caused us all enough grief?” Watersplash growled, stepping forward and unsheathing his claws. The rogues around growled and spat viciously in disagreement.

“Caused you grief?” Red spat, his eyes suddenly lit with anger, “We were just trying to survive! You drove us off time and time again and took all the territory you wanted!”
“Are you quite sure? I remember the opposite!” Frostdapple snapped, stepping out from the formation.

Fox-dung, don’t antagonize them! Why does she always have to step in?

I’m going to have to do something about her once the rogues are dealt with.

“And who are you?” Red snapped.

“An honorable warrior, and one of those who you wish dead.” the white warrior responded, strutting up to meet the rogue leader, ears shoved forward. The two stood face to face on the soon to be battleground, each tensed and daring the other to make a move. Silently, Red swished his tail, mirroring Frostdapple’s without thinking, then broke into a deep, amused purr.

“My, you’re a feisty one, aren’t ya? I can see what my comrade saw in you Clan cats.” Red purred, stepping closer to the former StormClan warrior. Frostdapple took a step back, fur bristling and eyes turning to slits.

“Step away-” she hissed, but was interrupted by the bushy tail of the red tom.

“You’d make a great queen.” he announced with a grin.

Watersplash glanced over his cats, limbs stiff with resolve when he saw how prepared they were to defend their lives, then focussed again on the rogues.

“We outnumber you three to one. Did you really expect this to be easy?” Watersplash almost smirked.

“Perhaps I’d leave your Clan alone, if you were willing to make a trade…” Red mewed, eyeing Frostdapple greedily.

Before he could open his mouth to speak again, Frostdapple unsheathed her claws and slashed across his face.

---

Watersplash was bowled off his paws in an instant. He looked up, heart racing, at his attacked. He twisted away from his attacker and stood to face her. A pretty, wartorn tortoiseshell faced him, her eyes wide with shock. He followed her gaze to one of the loners he’d taken in a moon ago.

“...Atlas?”

“Fang?”

The two made eye contact. The battle seemed to freeze for a moment as they locked gazes.

“I’ll find Terra.” the tortoiseshell, Fang, mewed, “She insisted she come along for the battle.”

Atlas nodded and darted into the fray by her side. Watersplash watched, then got dragged back into the moment by a piercing shriek. He turned to see Firestrike pinned down by a rugged tabby, with another similar looking tabby next to him holding Fernpaw by the scruff. Watersplash tackled the rugged tabby, digging his fangs into the rogue’s neck. The rogue let out a hiss of dissatisfaction, twisting away from his grip and tearing off the field. Watersplash turned to face the other tabby, who had released Fernpaw. They locked gazes, the tabby growling and lumbering forward. Suddenly, a yowl cut through the sky, heads turning from across the field to find the source. Watersplash turned to see Atlas colliding with a brown rogue, but the gesture seemed far more friendly than hostile. He took a couple cautious steps towards them, hearing purrs and exclamations of joy. The happy moment had something...ominous about it. The prickling of his whiskers made him shift his eyes a little to the left. Reddish fur at the edge of his vision. Moving toward the two. He opened his mouth in warning as Red barged past him.

---

Watersplash watched in horror as Red quickly dispatched the recruited loner, snapping his spine with a quick bite like a piece of prey. The brown she-cat looked at him with terror and fury, bristling and spitting at him.

“You...YOU!” she snarled, “How dare you!”

“Terra!?” Thistle called, approaching her alongside the tortoiseshell, “Wh-Atlas?”

“What did they do to him?” Fang yowled, “WHO DID THIS!?”

The she-cat, Terra, tackled Red, shrieking and striking at him, fueled by rage. Red shoved her off and turned to face her.

“Traitor!” he spat.

“YOU KILLED HIM!” she sobbed, stepping forward, claws unsheathed.

“So? Just some other Clan cat, right? Not even like he was all that important.” Red laughed, “Unless...hm. Oh, whoops, was this the father of those brats? I had no idea.”

Watersplash looked to the side. Thistle looked grief-stricken, while Fang stared blankly ahead. The tortoiseshell stalked towards Red, fangs bared, and then leaped and knocked him off his paws. Red gave out a surprised “mrow!” and rolled to face her.

“Ah, Fang...do we have another traitor among our ranks?” Red mewed with a smirk.

Without making eye contact, Fang unsheathed her claws and ripped through the rogue leader’s soft stomach.

---

Watersplash took a step back into a crowd, which was filled with yowls, mutters, and confusion.

“Red…?”
“Did she kill him?”

“Is he dead?”

“Is the battle over now?”

“Traitor!”

“Oh, shut up!” Fang snapped, turning to the crowd, sneering. “This is all over. The conflict is over, the gang is disbanded, whatever! And if any of you stand against me, I’ll do the same to you.”

Watersplash stepped towards their new ally. “Thank you, Fang.”

He turned to scan the crowd. Most of the cats upfront were rogues, aside from a few of his closest friends...and enemies. Brightwing gave an approving nod, satisfaction on her face. Firestrike looked terrified, yet relieved. Frostdapple had an…odd expression on her face that he couldn’t quite name, Cloudshine looked shocked, Birdsong looked satisfied, and Thistle looked incredibly pleased.

“This is a new beginning for us all. Our quarrel no longer has to be upheld. We can go our separate ways now, and live our lives out in peace. Any rogues who want to can live on our old land, or perhaps join us. This is a time of harmony, a time of reunion, under the leadership of myself, Waterstar!”

[/spoiler]

Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top