WARRIORCLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Twolegplace: The FringesTue Aug 04, 2020 1:59 amMetzi
Estate Back FieldsTue Jul 28, 2020 7:11 amJack
The MooncaveMon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pmMetzi
CHAPTER ONE ALLEGIANCESThu Apr 02, 2020 8:11 pmWillowstorm
DuskClan//FrostClan Border RiverThu Apr 02, 2020 7:45 pmFeather
Fire//Frost//Bright Mutual GroundMon Mar 30, 2020 1:06 pmLeopardspots
DuskClan | The SkytreesSun Mar 29, 2020 4:11 pmLeopardspots
WaterClan | CampSun Mar 29, 2020 4:01 pmJack
FrostClan | CampSun Mar 29, 2020 3:55 pmpicunicu
BrightClan | CampSun Mar 29, 2020 3:53 pmFeather
Clan Information
Season & Time of Day:
Green-leaf (Jun-Jul-Aug)
Mid-day (2-4 pm)
Chapter: One

Weather & News:
The intense Green-leaf sun bears down on the Clans in this, their darkest hour.
An earthquake has shaken the forest, destroying the territories as the Clans know it and killing dozens of cats. Forced to band together, the cats journey in search of a new home.

DuskClan

Leader: Robinstar (@Quake)
Deputies: Scorchthicket (@Feather)
Medicine cat: Tulipsnow (@Willowstorm)

Medicine apprentices:

FireClan

Leader: Finchstar (@Willowstorm)
Deputies: Floralight (@Jack)
Medicine cat: Tanglepath (@Leopardspots)
Medicine apprentices:

WaterClan

Leader: Sharkstar (@Willowstorm)
Deputies: Rosefeather (@Metzi)
Medicine cat: Autumnsky (@Feather)

Medicine apprentices: Sunshadow (@Jack), Peachpaw (@Daisyleap)

BrightClan

Leader: Stagstar (@Leopardspots)
Deputies: Cricketsong (@Daisy)
Medicine cat:
Medicine apprentices:

FrostClan

Leader: Poolstar (@Feather)
Deputies: Wolfwatcher (@Jack)
Medicine cat: Quartzshine (@Metzi)
Medicine apprentices:
Forum Affiliates

Warrior Cats: Untold Tales

For queries about becoming a site affiliate, private message Willow and they will get back to you ASAP :)
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posters
Shadowfrost (18799)
18799 Posts - 17%
Davewing (17943)
17943 Posts - 16%
Willowstorm (16423)
16423 Posts - 15%
Spottedleaf (13960)
13960 Posts - 13%
Cynderfeather (11797)
11797 Posts - 11%
Leopardspots (7726)
7726 Posts - 7%
Daisyleap (6537)
6537 Posts - 6%
Quake (6480)
6480 Posts - 6%
Twistedheart (5088)
5088 Posts - 5%
Aquastar (4828)
4828 Posts - 4%

Go down
Draxion
Draxion
Tech Support
Tech Support

Roleplay Creating Guide Empty Roleplay Creating Guide

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:48 am
~ Nightdragon's Tips to Creating Roleplays ~

So you have decided to make a roleplay, huh? That's great! But just creating a roleplay doesn't mean it will be the best one out there right off the bat. Creating roleplays take a lot more than just simply making a plot, laying down rules, and creating the character sheets for the players. I have been roleplaying for 17 years now and have learned a great deal about what makes a roleplay stick and go on for a while, even years sometimes. And these tips I am willing to share will hopefully help you when creating your own. So without further ado, here they are.

1.) This one I can't stress enough, but the best way to go about when creating a roleplay is USE YOUR OWN. Making one out of your own creation will be the best option when wanting to create a roleplay - it adds everything about you into the creation and players crave creativity. Copying others out there isn't necessarily a bad thing either, it just lacks creativity from the creator. If you do decide to copy someone else's roleplay, tweak it around a bit to make it not so similar. Changing the plot some will add a lot more creativity into the roleplay from your own mind.

2.) If you don't know what kind of roleplay you want to make, try asking yourself the question "What do I enjoy and would others enjoy it too?" Along with this is choose a genre that you like: horror, romance, adventure, fantasy, mystery, survival, etc. Even mix a few to add some good spice into the roleplay.

3.) If you ever lose interest while making the roleplay, just STOP. Cause if the creator themselves lose interest, there is the very high chance the players would too.

4.) Animals... the most played roleplays out there. And if it was your choice to make a roleplay about animals, don't make it too general. Add some stuff to the plot or rules to really make it STAND OUT. Unlike humans, animals simply go through the same routine every time and soon enough the roleplay usually drags and gets boring, eventually dying off in the long run. I have seen this happen 70% of the time. Mixing animals into the roleplay can help but not always a guarantee

5.) When making the plot to the roleplay, always ask yourself questions about it. Then answer them into the plot details. A story can never have too many questions. Remember, DETAILS IS KEY.

6.) Put yourself in the player's shoes to get a perspective as if you are reading someone else's roleplay's information. What would be done to catch their eye? Does it thrill them when reading the plot? Does it make them want to join? Those are just a few questions you could ask yourself as a player.

7.) When it comes to the setting of the roleplay, always start SMALL. Because the roleplay is brand new and starting out, there doesn't have to be so much space to roleplay in. Just work your way outward as the roleplay progresses and gets bigger. However, if you are targeting a lot of players in order to begin the roleplay then this tip can be an exception like faction-type roleplays for example.

8.) If you are going to make the roleplay realistic, keep it realistic. Always take into consideration about the setting and the content presented.

9.) After you have the plot made out, next comes the rules. If you are going to make the rules, ENFORCE them. Since you are the creator of the roleplay then you are in charge. Unfairness from players breaking the rules causes the roleplay to spiral out of control. A lot of this reflects the common rule "no god-modding" or simply controlling someone else's character.

I will add more tips as I think of them since there are quite a few I have learned but these nine are the main important ones I know. Hopefully, it helps! :]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum