Clan Information
Season:
Leaf-fall (Autumn, September/October/November)
Time of day:
Mid-morning (9-11am)
Weather & News:
The blood-red of the sun rising over a stormy sky can well describe the plight of the Clans. Though the rains have lightened, chilly powerful gales still ravage the landscape. BrightClan is recovering from a devastating attack which they barely defended themselves from and DuskClan is still ravaged by sickness, though hope shines through as a cure is discovered.

DuskClan

Jadestar (@Echorose) - 9 lives

Deputies: Littleflower (@Daisyleap), Dragonmoon (@Aquastar)

Medicine cats: Hollyshade (@Daisyleap), {reserved}

M/c apprentices: Tulippaw (@Willowstorm), {reserved}

FireClan

Redstar (@Daisyleap) - 8 lives

Deputies: Sparkfeather (@Aquastar), Darkshadow (@Wishflight)

Medicine cats: Soraflight (@Leopardspots), Mudstreak(@Aquastar)

M/c apprentices: Owlpaw(@Willowstorm), Flurrypaw (@Quake)

Notice: FireClan camp is temporarily located within FrostClan due to the rogue takeover.

WaterClan

Sandstar (@Aquastar) - 7 lives

Deputies: Turtlesplash (@Leopardspots), Nightfoot (@Daisyleap)

Medicine cats: Peachcloud(@Daisyleap), Autumnsky (@Echorose)

M/c apprentices: Beechpaw (@Sorrelflight), Sunpaw (@Sunshadow)

Notice: WaterClan's Camp is currently located in their Swampy Forest due to flooding.

BrightClan

Ivorystar (@Willowstorm) - 4 lives

Deputies: Lynxcloud (@Daisyleap), Snowpuddle (@Snoo)

Medicine cats: Hazelflight (@Leopardspots), Seabreeze (@Sorrelflight)

M/c apprentices: Mistpool (@Mistpool), {reserved} (@Aquastar)

FrostClan

Dapplestar (@Leopardspots) - 2 lives

Deputies: Cloverlily (@Daisyleap), {reserved}

Medicine cats: Ivyfeather (@Aquastar), Falconswoop (@Willowstorm)

M/c apprentices: Longpaw (@Daisyleap), {reserved}
Forum Affiliates
~~
Warrior Cats: Untold Tales
~~
Legends, Lore, Fantasy and More RPG Board
~~
~~
~~

~~

~~
~~
For queries about becoming a site affiliate, private message Willow and they will get back to you ASAP :)

The Journey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Journey

Post by Raptorstar on Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Chapter One:
The sun shined down into the yard, speckling Bubba's pelt. The ginger and white tomcat yawned and rolled over, basking in the morning light. The birds were chirping in the trees, and squirrels were dashing to and fro. He noticed a cat strutting across the yard wall, but he was too sleepy to see who it was. He sighed softly, placed his foreleg over his face and fell back asleep. 

Bubba woke with a grunt. Someone was poking him in the rips. He opened his eyes and looked into the face of his old sister Annie peering down at him "Wake up sleepy!" she teased as as she poked him again "You need to come see this! Bo is gathering as many cats as he can for a meeting. He has something important to say," Bubba grimaced as he got up. He shook out his long pelt and padded after his sister. He wondered what Bo was saying. Bo was a distant cousin of his, and he was known for being of the adventurous type. Regularly exploring past the confines of the neighborhood and into the woods, he hunted for food, something rare among house cats. He was a good story teller, always telling of great birds, massive wild cats, and savage dogs. No one know if his stories were true or not, but nobody wanted to find out. Bubba and Annie padded down a few houses to Bo's house, which was shrouded in trees and dense bushes. The jumped up onto the fence and leaned down into the yard, seeing what the tom had to say. 

Sure enough, the massive ginger and white tomcat was there, in front of not a few amount of cats. Bo glanced up, and seeing Bubba and Annie nodded to them "Good. I have everyone here. Good morning my fellows! Listen closely to what I have to say," he said. All of the house cats leaned in, intent on what he had to say. "So, many of us here live soft lives, relying on our house-folk to feed us. I say, for those who are courageous enough, we go out and make our own living!" All of the house cats recoiled in shock. Many knew Bo as an adventurer, but no one suspected of him proposing to leave the neighborhood and start a new life in the wild. While most knew how to hunt, no one hunted to survive. No one had to live under a bush in the cold or wet, or had to deal with sickness by themselves. Some cats were vocal in their protest, with the same reasons as Bubba had thought. Yet...

Some cats were nodding slowly. Freedom was a nice idea, with having to rely on no one but yourself. Living wild, eating warm prey, seeing new lands, and being with comrades. It brought about ideas of adventure, or exploration, and of freedom. Bo, seeing his proposition had effect in some cats, pushed on "We can be truly free! With those that choose to go with me, we can start anew in a wild land, bound by no confines! We can see new lands, new cats, rely on no housefolk. It will be hard, but we can do it if we are determined! If we will it, it can be done!" Many of the younger cats yowled in agreement. Bubba found himself nodding too. A new life, in a new land... 

Bo's cry rose above all others "Those who wish to stay here, go to the edge of the yard. Those who wish to come with me to a new land, come to the center around me!" About half of the cats in the cluster moved towards the edge, but the other half, mostly young toms and she-cats, moved closer to Bo. The large tom nodded with satisfaction. Bubba stood rooted to the fence post, unsure of what to do. His sister leaned in towards him "Whatever you choose to do, I will always be with you brother," Annie whispered. Bubba nodded slowly, but was still unsure of what to do. Should he go with Bo and his band of explorers, or should he stay here and live a peaceful, easy life. Faced with indecision, he caught scent of a breeze blowing from the woods. It was a cool wind, smelling of trees, prey and predators. It was a breeze smelling of hardship, but also of freedom and prosperity. Bubba then realized what his choice was. He could stay here and live an easy, peaceful life. But he would forever feel unfulfilled and empty. He had to go with Bo and his group. He turned towards Annie "Lets do it. Our brother Jake is also going with Bo. We have nothing to hold us here since mom died. Let's start anew in a new land," Annie nodded, a smile at her lips "Alright. Let's do it!" 

They jumped from the fence and padded over to Bo, who was discussing his plans with the fellowship. He nodded to the pair to join them "Alright," he said "Tomorrow morning at sunrise, we leave this place forever. Together we will go beyond Twolegplace and into the wild lands. I will not lie to you all. Things will be harsh. We will have to hunt to survive. We will meet creatures that are hostile to us. We will have to fight to the death with some things. All of us know some kind of fighting moves; some more than others. Yet, when this is all over, we will be truly free, in a new place, a new land, a new home. I promise you, freedom is truly wonderful," The other now ex-housecats nodded eagerly. Everyone knew it would be hard, but they were prepared. Tonight, they would say goodbye and get the best sleep they could. Tomorrow, they would leave the neighborhood behind. Forever. 

Allegiances (Chapter One):
The Adventurers

Leader:        Bo- A large white tomcat with ginger splotches and green eyes. 

Deputies:      Lenin- A grizzled mottled gray, ginger, and white tomcat. 
                   Jake- A lean black tom with green eyes. 

Bubba- A long haired white tom with ginger splotches and green 
                              eyes.
                   Annie- A white she-cat with cream and brown splotches. 
                   Moss- A brown and white tabby she-cat. 
                   Sasha- A brown tabby she-cat with amber eyes. 
                   Hawk- A gray and black tom with blue eyes. 
                   Rand- A ginger tabby tom with green eyes. 
                   Zeke- A Siamese tomcat with blue eyes. 
                   Daisy- A Siamese she-cat with blue eyes. Sister of Zeke. 
                   Silver- A silver and white she-cat with gray eyes. 
                   Mo- A large ginger tom with green eyes. Brother of Bo. 
                   Sara- A small brown tabby she-cat with green eyes. 
                   German- A brown tabby tom with amber eyes.

Chapter Two:

The sun was just below the horizon when Bubba woke. He shook himself; he had had a dream of him hunting in cold, freezing mountains. He climbed out of his bed, looking at it. It would be the last time he would sleep in it. He forced himself to pad away, over to where his sister slept. He nudged her gently awake. She opened her brilliant blue eyes and looked up at him "Today is the big day, eh?" she whispered. Bubba nodded "Let's get going. Let's eat breakfast and go over to Bo's place. He and the rest of them should be mustering shortly," She nodded and climbed out of her bed. They padded over to the food dishes and began to eat, reminding themselves it would be the last time they would eat housecat food. 

A short time later, with the sun still below the horizon, they padded over to Bo's house and found everyone else was there. Bo himself stood in conversation with Lenin and Jake, his two deputies. The others were stretching and preparing for the journey. Bo, seeing that everyone was there, turned and jumped up onto a low tree branch "Alright everyone. With everyone here, our journey will begin shortly. Anyone have a change of mind since yesterday?" he asked. No one spoke up; everyone was determined to go about with this journey. Satisfied, Bo continued on "The trip will be hard, but we are all aware of that. Our freedom that we find in our new home will be well worth the sacrifice," nodding down to Lenin and Jake he said "Lenin and Jake are my deputies. They know how to hunt and how to fight well. We will teach you how to hunt and how to fight as we go along," Bubba shook his head. That wasn't really needed. Most of them already knew how to hunt and fight. Bo continued on "That is all. I hope you have all said your goodbyes, because we will not be returning. It's now time we made way. We got plenty of walking to do," chuckling rippled through the group. Bo jumped down from his branch "Let us go explorers! To a new land!" Every cat cheered. Bo padded over to the fence. His yard was right against the woods, so they could start from here. Bo jumped clean over the fence and landed neatly on the other side. The others began to scrabble and clamber over the fence, gathering on the woods side. Soon, Bubba was the last to go. Annie stood on the other side and nodded to him "Come on brother! Let's go!" she called. Bubba nodded determinedly and jumped clean over the fence. He landed in the leaf mulch and smiled. He caught a breeze of wind, smelling of the wild. His journey had begun. 

The group traveled most of the day. Everyone was energetic, but most had seen these woods. Most had even came here everyday. However, the terrain started becoming less and less familiar. Soon, around noon, the group came to a stream. It was the first they had seen since their departure. Bo stopped and had a short bit of conversation with Lenin, his grizzled deputy. Bo nodded and turned to the group "This stream marks the farthest we have ever gone, including to Lenin and I. Beyond this stream is unknown territory. Let us go. Bo jumped the stream first and was soon followed by the others. Bubba crossed the stream last and looked forward. The woods ahead seemed darker, more mysterious. This was unknown territory. His journey had truly begun now...   

Chapter Three:

The sun was low in the sky now. For several hours they had traveled without halting. The woods didn't change, and all was quiet. The only thing of note was a thunderpath they had to cross. The crossing was easy since it was mostly silent. Bubba had also gotten a taste of prey. He was no stranger to hunting, but he had never hunted to survive. Earlier on he had caught a mouse that he had pretty much stepped on. He remembered the taste of it. It was woody and musky, a taste he found he liked. The mouse had also given him energy to carry on. Now, with the sun sinking below the trees and the sky turning reddish, it was time to halt. The group came to a small clearing in the woods and Bo called the halt "Alright guys, here's where we will be resting for the night. Find a spot to set up your nest. Anyone who wants to hunt, come with me. Jake, your in charge of the camp while I'm gone," Bo gathered up a few cats and bounded off into the woods, vanishing into the brush. Bubba, who had stayed behind, crouched down in the leaf mulch. This would be his first night in the wild. He didn't know how to cope. However, he felt his sister pressing up against him and he felt reassured. He could always cope if he had his sister... 

Chapter Four:

Bubba was prodded awake. He sprang to his feet and found Sasha looking at him "C'mon, Bo is gathering us for a meeting," She turned and padded where the the group was gathered. His sister was already over there; she had woken up before him. By now it was completely dark, the only light being provided by the moon and stars. A glow was upon the horizon, showing the lights of Twolegplace, where they had come from. Bubba shook off the leaf mulch that was clinging to his fur and padded over to the group. Bo was standing on a fallen tree, and was speaking to the group "Tonight is the first night out in the wild for many of us. We have come far today and we are all exhausted. Yet, I'd advise you to be vigilant. The wild is a harsh place, even so close to the city. Foxes roam at night and they'd love to pick off unwary cats. That foul scent you have been scenting was fox scent. They will not attack a group of our size unless we are all asleep, so I am posting sentries. The first sentry will be Bubba, since he has gotten rest. At midnight, or when the moon is at it's peak in the sky, he will switch out with me. At first light tomorrow, we will pick up with our journey. If that is all good, let us get some rest. The other cats padded off to sleep. 

As Bubba padded towards a log that looked good for a sentry's spot, he was taken aside by Lenin. The ragged tom took Bubba over to a corner "So, your first sentry. I know your not like most of the others. Most of the others were already exploring the surrounding woods when we called the meeting. Yet, you are not like them. You were perfectly content with being a housecat until last night. You do not know of the dangers of the woods at night. I will tell you what to look out for," Bubba nodded intently. Lenin was experienced and he knew exactly what he was talking about. Bubba figured if they didn't want to get ambushed by foxes in the night, he better listen. Lenin, nodding approvingly as he saw Bubba was paying attention. He continued "Pay attention to how the wind blows. Set up in a good spot where the wind is blowing towards an area that you have a good view of. Put your back towards the source of the wind. If anything is coming up on your back, you will scent it. Remember the disgusting scent we have been catching occasionally today?" Bubba nodded "That was fox scent. It was stale, but it shows foxes are in the area. If you catch that scent again, alert me. Even if it smells stale, alert me. Better alert me to stale scent than to have us get jumped on in the dark. If you catch any other funny scents, alert me too. There are others threats out there besides foxes. Hostile wild cats for one. They are perhaps more dangerous than foxes if there are more than one of them. We have all heard stories of the massive groups of them. I personally have never scented or seen a wild cat, but that doesn't mean they aren't here. Badgers are a problem too, considering they forage at night. We all need to be alert to defeat one of them. Good thing I haven't scent one here. Another to look out for are rats. They are no issue alone, but in massive swarms they can be deadly. I have scented some rat scent, but only single rats," Bubba nodded and said "Is that all?" Lenin nodded "Pretty much. Basically, if you smell something odd, wake me. I will check it to make sure it's not fresh. Trust your instincts tonight. I'm confident tonight will be quiet, but it's smart to be alert. Go to your post, and take care," Lenin turned and padded over to where he was sleeping. 

Bubba jumped up on a fallen log and gazed over the surrounding woods. They were on a hillside, so the clearing dropped away into a sort of valley, giving excellent view, even dark as it was. The wind was blowing over the ridge at his back, so he could safely turn his gaze over the valley. The moon and stars glistened off a small creek that ran through the valley, looking much like a mirror. With everyone sleeping, the only sounds he heard were crickets and tree frogs. It was a peaceful night, and for most of the time Bubba was awake, he saw and smelled nothing out of place. He was amazed by his night vision. He could see a frog rustling in the leaves near the creek and could see a bird nesting in a tall pine tree. This night vision would probably mean the difference of seeing a foe creeping up on him, or getting jumped in the dark. As his shift neared completion, for a split second he thought he could smell cat scent. His hair stood up on end. However, as soon as it had came, he could no longer scent it. He frowned and wondered what to do. He felt like he should alert Lenin. He remembered what the grizzled tom had told him and knew he should alert him. He jumped off the log and padded over to the sleeping form of the tom. He poked him "Lenin," he whispered. Lenin grunted and rolled over "Lenin," Bubba repeated "I caught a bit of cat scent," Lenin's eyes flashed open instantly and was on his feet "Where?" he asked in a whisper. Bubba led him over to the log "I caught what I think is cat scent for a second, but it faded very quickly," Lenin frowned "Not good. I assume wild cats know how to better hide their scent than we do. Also, the ridge is blocking much of the wind. I'll stay awake with you and see if we catch the scent again," The two stayed awake until the shift change, but caught no more scent. When it reached midnight, Lenin nodded to Bubba "Alright, go wake Bo and go to sleep. Bo and I will be on the lookout for any more scent. My guess is that it is a lone stray, but we can never be too careful," Bubba nodded and padded over to Bo. He gently poked the massive tom "Bo, its your turn," Bo's eyes opened and he nodded "Alright," he padded over to Lenin and had a hushed conversation with him. Bubba, now very tired, collapsed in his nest and fell asleep.

Chapter Five:

Bubba blinked open his eyes. The sky was still dark, but a glow could be seen on the horizon, showing dawn was not far off. The cats of the group were beginning to rise, and were gathering in the center of the clearing. He shook the leaves and moss off his pelt and padded over to Lenin "All quiet?" he asked. Lenin nodded "Yep. We caught no more scent,"

For several days the group traveled through the woods, seeing nothing of interest. However, Bubba had the feeling of being watched, and when he asked Bo and Lenin, they nodded as well. However, no one scented any cat scent, or saw anything. 

On the group's forth day of traveling, they came to a break in the woods. They came to a thunderpath, and across it was a housefolk town. Bo stopped the group "I'm not going to try going around the town. It would likely take days and we would get no where. We need to go through. This is where our journey gets dangerous. Be very careful, and stay close. Otherwise, you will get lost forever in this place," Everyone nodded. It was early, so the thunderpath was silent. The group crossed without incident and entered the town. Soon, the woods faded behind the the dens of housefolk. Bubba looked around, analyzing the place. It was similar to their old town, yet it was different. Many scents flooded Bubba's nose, smelling of cats, dogs, twolegs, rats, and many, many unnatural smells. It would not do good to get lost in this place... 

From a distance, a shadow watched the the group of cats pass through the alleys and back streets. Now was not the time, but soon...

Chapter Six:

Bubba padded alongside his sister for much of the day. They talked about what they might find on their travels, and what dangers they would encounter.
"I think we'll know where to settle when we come across it," Annie said confidently. 
 Bubba shrugged "Perhaps. We could also end up wandering for moons," he shook his head "We came out here to do something with our lives, to do something more than live boring lives of housecats. With reward comes risk though," he sighed. This journey wasn't going to be easy. 

Dusk settled on the town, and soon the unnatural lighting Twolegs installed began to switch on, casting a harsh glow. Bo signaled the party to halt and turned to them "Night is falling. This is where the fun really begins. Do remember that this isn't our home, but the homes of others. We don't know whose territory we are trespassing on. Keep your guard up," he searched for a place to set camp and his gaze rested on a small alley "There. This night ain't gonna be pleasant. We'll be sleeping on hard, cold stone. Don't expect much sleep," 

The party crammed themselves into the alcove, and began to look for some sort of bedding. A wide variety of materials were found. Daisy and Zeke, the large twin Siamese, shoved themselves in a small box. Sasha curled up in a transparent tub. Lenin sat down on the hard stone, having found nothing of use. Bubba pressed up against Annie, and began to listen to both of their stomachs growl. Their had been little opportunity to hunt, and they found little prey. He watched Bo set a watch; he wasn't doing watch tonight. Fatigue washed over him like his sister's tongue and he closed his eyes; he shouldn't be asleep long...

Two cats watched the party from the rooftops, not making any sounds or movement. One of the cats turned to the other "Should we notify them of their mistake?" The other cat said nothing for a long moment and finally "No," 

Chapter Seven:

The next day, the group continued their journey through the twisting alleyways. The sun burned bright overhead, bathing them all in a pleasant warmth. Bubba wondered what they would do when winter came, and the warmth turned to a freeze. He shook his thoughts away; no need to worry about that just yet. He was conscious of the growling of his belly. There had been little chance to hunt while they were moving, and little had been found. He was pondering of the food situation when he felt the hair rise on his back. He had the feeling of being watched... Suddenly Bo stopped. The group halted and looked at him questioningly. He was scanning the rooftops. Suddenly Lenin snarled "Ambush!". Before anyone else could react, they were surrounded. Cats melted from out of minuscule shadows, and small holes in the ragged fencing of the alley. The travelers backed into a circle, backs pressed to each other. Moss, the she-cat at his side, whispered into his ear "Who are they?" Bubba looked over the attackers: They were grim, ragged, and often had more than a few scars. They were tough, from their looks. One cat stepped forward, a huge black tom with scars crossing his muzzle. His amber eyes were narrowed with suspicion "Who are you?" he growled "You are trespassing on our territory!" Bo took a step forward "We are just travelers," he replied, his voice steady and determined "We don't mean any harm, just to try to pass through and get out of this twolegplace," The black tom hesitated for a second then shook his head "That may be so, but we are at war. You must come with us to our leader. She will decide what to do of you travelers," he beckoned with his tail. Bo nodded to his group "We will go with him," German's hackles rose "And go into the heart of their territory? With no escape? We will be doomed!" Bo shrugged "I know. Yet, we have no choice. We must go with them," The group reluctantly followed, escorted by these unknown cats. Jake padded a little closer to the big black tom "Who are you?" he asked politely. The cat answered without turning his head "I am Ishamael. This is the territory of the Shaido," 

After walking for a little bit, they reached what could be called the camp of these Shaido. It was quite organized, and busy. It was located cleverly in the back yard of an abandoned Twoleg den. When Bubba questioned Ishamael about the location, the tom replied "The Twolegs never come here anymore. This has been our home for many years, and they haven't been here in a while. It gives us much space to work with," he said, with a touch of pride in his voice. They entered through a gap in the rotting fencing. The fencing was reinforced with brambles and tree branches, giving strength to the crumbling wood. The gap was guarded by a hard-faced cat, who nodded when Ishamael passed. One first glance, it looked like the forest had entered the yard. There was heavy shrubbery and brush, and trees everywhere. There was even a small stream, bubbling through the yard. Yet, when Bubba looked harder, he could see where Twolegs had touched this, once. There was the mangled corpse of a Twoleg monster, red and overgrown by brush. There was a ruined shed; a tree thrusting through the roof, that seemed to be a nursery. The Twoleg den itself was almost gone under trees and shrubbery. They padded through the brush in the yard, the thick vegetation crossed by trails carved by many moons of cats. Cats darted along these paths, busy with tasks and chores. Eventually, they arrived at what appeared to be the center of the camp. It was a large sandy flat near the stream, with a large dead monster at the edge. Ishamael turned to the group "Stay here," he commanded. He darted off towards a group of cats talking by the monster. Bubba looked around at the camp in awe, marveling at the organization when he heard a voice speak "Well... what do we have here?" 

Chapter Eight:

Bubba whirled around and narrowed his eyes as a white she-cat padded up to the group. Her pelt, once sleek, was crossed with scars and her eyes had a hard look to it. Bubba immediately knew she was a leader. The she-cat raked her eyes over the group with contempt "What is this? A bunch of kittypets lost from their homes?" Angry mutters rolled through the group. Lenin stepped forward "Once, we were kittypets. Housecats. Now, we seek to carve our own lives into the world. Do you think all housecats are cowardly wretches who will flee from a fight?" he rasped "We are not soft. We've prepared for this trek. We know how to fight. You can kill all of us, but I will make sure some of you rouges come down with us. You will be among them," he growled. The she-cat stepped back, her fur bristling, but a new light shined in her eye. Respect. "Well well well. So, you cats do have some backbone. Interesting. But, we are not without manners. I am Luna. I lead this group, which is named the Shaido. I am one of many leaders, stretching back a long way. Who might you be?" she asked, her eyes inspecting them. "We are travelers," Bo said "My name is Bo. These cats are in my group. We have grown tired of leading soft lives, and we want to live wild and eat our own prey. We know it will be hard, yet we accept that. The price is worth the freedom," he said proudly, determination in his voice. Luna nodded slowly, her whiskers twitching "Mmm... well, you cats don't seem to be involved in our... struggle..." she hesitated over the word "We are at war with a fellow cat group in the area. They are the Red Claw. They are brutal and vicious cats, with no respect for boundaries. We have fought them to a stalemate, and a sort of a hesitant peace is in the air, but anything can break it. It will not last. If we are to win, we need more cats..." she looked them over again. Bubba knew exactly what she was thinking. A fifteen strong force of already trained cats could tip the scales in their war. But... Hawk brazenly stepped forward "What do you take us for? We are travelers, not brute claws! We have no quarrel with this Red Claw," Moss nodded "Why should we give our lives for strangers?" "Hush!" Bo snapped "I am sorry, but we are mere travelers, colonists heading for a distant land. We have no reason to fight her," he said diplomatically. Luna frowned, but nodded "Alright. I understand... They might have made good fighters," The last part Bubba barely caught, as it was under her breath. Bo nodded "Thank you. We will not trouble you any longer. We will be on our way, and we wish you the best of luck in your war," 

Chapter Nine:

The adventuring cats, after bidding the Shaido good luck and thanks for "Not tearing our fur off," they set out for the edge of the territory. Escorted by two Shaido fighters, they padded through the territory in silence. Bubba marveled at how well organized these cats seemed to be. It was certainly interesting. After a time, he noticed he was being eyed by one of the escorts, a pretty tabby she-cat. At first he assumed that she was keeping an extra close watch on them. Until he saw that whenever her gaze swept over him, she would make a light smile. Amused, he winked at her. She immediately looked away and he caught some embarrassment come from her. He suppressed a chuckle of amusement. She was pretty though...

They were nearly out of the territory when suddenly, one of the other escorts, a wizened wiry tan tom stopped. He swiveled his head around and screamed "Ambush!". The alley rapidly filled with cats, just like earlier. However, these cats didn't hesitate. One of them yowled "Kill these Shaido rats!" The alley became filled with fighting cats. Bubba felt his legs collapse as a cat jumped on his back. Panicking, he rolled onto his back. A terrible mistake, he swiftly realized. Another cat, a lean tabby she-cat snarled and lunged for his exposed belly. Suddenly, she was stopped mid-leap. Bo picked the small cat in his jaws and shook her like a rabbit. He flung her down the alley. Bubba felt the other cat squirm and wriggle out from underneath him. Bubba turned and smacked him as hard as he could. The cat squealed and fled from him and Bo. Bubba turned and looked at his fellow "Thanks Bo!" he gasped. Bo, with his fur fluffed up making him look the size of a dog, nodded hurriedly "At least you ain't a kit. Remember those battle moves we played around with a while back. Just use your claws and you'll be fine!" he turned and jumped into the melee. Bubba looked around and darted over to assist Mo and Sasha, who were fighting back to back against four cats. Bubba pounced on one cat, and heard the cat squeak in surprise. The other three, caught off guard by Bubba, were jumped on by the Mo and Sasha. Bubba clawed his foe's back, but was thrown off easily. The cat, a brown battle-scared tabby tom turned and growled at Bubba "The truce is over, Shaido kittypet! Luna will watch her group fall apart. We will win this blasted war once and for all!" He darted in and slashed. Bubba ducked, but immediately had his paws hooked out. This cat was fast! He batted the cat off, and clawed blindly, forgetting every move Bo had taught him before they had left and used instinct and panic. The cat stepped backward and looked incredulous "What is this? You fight like a kittypet!" he sneered "Has the Shaido fallen so far?" he darted in and aimed for Bubba's belly. Bubba knew dimly that he was going to die. Suddenly, a collective yowl sounded from the alley entrance and a swarm of cats flooded into the alley. The cat fighting Bubba saw them and snarled "Shaido reinforcements! Retreat!" he turned to Bubba "You will die, Shaido kittypet! Like the rest of your filthy group!" he turned and fled with the rest of his friends. Bubba, stinging from his wounds and exhausted from combat, looked in relief as the Shaido cats arrived. Then... teetering, he fell over and passed out. 

Chapter Ten:

"Someone get me some blasted cobwebs!" Bubba heard dimly "I need something to stop the bleeding!"Bubba opened his eyes and looked up weakly. A few paces away was a crowd of cats, looking down at something "Out of the way! Move you blasted idiots! Give me some space!" The cats stepped hurriedly back, showing a cat looking down at ragged, bloody mound of fur. A cat ran up to the the one who had spoke and gave him cobwebs. The cat hurriedly applied them. Bubba stumbled near and saw that it was Annie! "Annie!" he rasped. He limped closer when a paw flashed out and stopped him. "Annie will be alright. Your sister took a beating in the ambush, but she is a tough one," said the cat who Bubba recognized was Lenin. Bubba stopped trying to struggle towards his sister and turned to Lenin "What happened?" he rasped. "We got jumped, as you saw. We would have been torn apart if it wasn't for a nearby Shaido patrol. Your sister here was in the thickest part of the combat, and she isn't exactly the badger on the battlefield. It was a miracle she survived. She is the worst of our injuries. Everyone here got shredded. Bo is unconscious. He got his head banged pretty hard. We are going to be living with the Shaido for a while. Luna has already offered her camp for us," he said. Bubba grunted sourly. They had tried to pass without conflict, but they had been drawn into this war. Hopefully it wouldn't kill them...

Erwin watched as the battle-torn travelers padded back into their camp. They looked quite worse for wear. He turned to his mate Frost "They got ripped up," She nodded "Perhaps they will side with us now that they've been attacked by the Red Claw," Erwin nodded "They could turn the tide of the war and finally help us destroy the Red Claw!". They needed these cats, and they had to make sure they fought for the Shaido...

By a large bush in a quiet corner of the Shaido camp, away from everyone else, the group was fuming by the time Lenin came back from talking with Luna and some other Shaido. They had done nothing to this Red Claw and still got torn up. Lenin came over and delivered the news "They have allowed us to stay for however long we need. We are going to be here for a while, that's for sure. Annie has been torn up and is barely alive as I speak. Bo is awake, but he is dizzy and still vomiting. Sara's leg is broken. We all have nasty cuts. Don't ask me why the Red Claw jumped us. They did know we were just travelers, but still attacked anyway. I'm going to try my best to keep us from getting dragged into their war," he spoke grimly. He turned as a Shaido she-cat padded over to them "Hi!" she said cheerfully "Luna told me to tell y'all that you can use our fighter's barracks if you wish," German stepped forward "No thanks," he growled "We aren't apart of your Shaido so we'll sleep together over here," his tone wiped the pleasant smile off the she-cat's face. Though Lenin was technically in charge, he said nothing. Mutters of agreement came from the group. While the shadowy bush they were planning to sleep under wasn't all that inviting, their pride wouldn't set them to sleep with the Shaido. "The seriously injured can sleep in your healer's den, but we will sleep here," Lenin said. The she-cat nodded glumly. When she flashed a smile at Bubba, he realized this was the cat from earlier. She turned and padded off. Lenin, who had noticed, chuckled lightly. He turned to the group and said "Well, get comfortable. It's getting dark, and we all need to rest," 

Last edited by Raptorstar on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 24 times in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- RAPTORNIGHT
(I should really change my signature, but I'm too lazy to do it Wink ) 

FrostClan:      Falconkit, Hawkstripe, Vixenheart, Silverkit, Icekit
LeafClan:       Brambleheart*, Lionpaw (Ice), Windfrost, Ivyheart, Mousekit, Emberkit
FireClan:        Nightpaw (Moonspirit) Russetwing    
BrightClan:    Stonepaw (Willow)
EchoClan:      Foxfang
StormClan:    Wolfheart, Eaglekit (no mother)
WaterClan:     Salmonkit
Outlaws:         Oceanpaw, Runningbrook, Riverbreeze, Bluekit, Whiteclaw
Bird's group:   Bird, Petal, Scorch, Eagle, Daisy

Yet to be accepted:

Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will avenge you.

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Journey

Post by Daisyleap on Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Aww this is so cute and awesome!! I love it, Raptor! Very Happy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Daisy's Cats:
Dusk- Littleflower, Hollyshade, Blizzardtuft, Daisyleap, Gingerpatch, Grassflight, Creamtuft
Fire- Redstar, Hawkstep, Featherdusk, Stormwatcher, Pebblesplash, Flamepaw, Adderpaw, Barley, Daffodilkit
Water- Nightfoot, Peachcloud, Salmonpelt, Seashell, Flowerbelly, Rosepaw, Shorepaw
Bright- Lynxcloud, Oceanspark, Aurorashade, Scorpionbite, Sparrowbelly, Shimmerpaw, Tumblepaw
Frost- Cloverlily, Longpaw, Scorchwind, Lunarshine, Wrenpaw, Sleetpaw, Ibispaw
RLK- Min, Peony, Indigo, Slash, Fleur, Blair, Tommy, Bellamy, Shark, Moon, Ryu
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 pm

Thanks, I just need to figure out how to condense it into a drop down thing like I've seen others do on their stories.

- RAPTORNIGHT

LeafClan:       Brambleheart*, Lionpaw (Ice), Windfrost, Ivyheart, Mousekit, Emberkit

Yet to be accepted:

Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will avenge you.

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Tue May 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Allegiances up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi on Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 am

do 
Code:
[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

Sush

Sushi
Wonderful Supporter
Wonderful Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Fri May 05, 2017 4:53 am

Thank you. I edited it.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Fri May 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Chapter Two up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisyleap on Fri May 05, 2017 11:48 pm

Awesome! Very Happy

Daisy's Cats:
Dusk- Littleflower, Hollyshade, Blizzardtuft, Daisyleap, Gingerpatch, Grassflight, Creamtuft
Fire- Redstar, Hawkstep, Featherdusk, Stormwatcher, Pebblesplash, Flamepaw, Adderpaw, Barley, Daffodilkit
Water- Nightfoot, Peachcloud, Salmonpelt, Seashell, Flowerbelly, Rosepaw, Shorepaw
Bright- Lynxcloud, Oceanspark, Aurorashade, Scorpionbite, Sparrowbelly, Shimmerpaw, Tumblepaw
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie on Fri May 05, 2017 11:54 pm

This story is awesome (:

PitaPata Cat tickers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwXVOO0gl0 - for putting down pineapples with some random yodelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNmb_hlMfGE - for eating egg rolls in a terrifying voice that's out of key
Valkyrie
Audition Instructor
Audition Instructor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Tue May 09, 2017 4:16 am

Thanks! Chapter Three up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 am

Chapter Four up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Sun May 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Chapter Five up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisyleap on Sun May 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Nice, I love it! Very Happy

Daisy's Cats:
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Chapter Six up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:01 am

Chapter Seven up. 

I'm sorry for halting the story for a while. I was rather busy with some other stuff. Yet, alas, it is back. To make up for the absence, I gave y'all an long chapter. I hope yah like it Smile

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 am

Chapter Eight up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:23 am

Chapter Nine up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorstar on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Chapter Ten up.

- RAPTORNIGHT

Yet to be accepted:

Trust in God
Raptorstar
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top