WARRIORCLAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Twolegplace: The FringesTue Aug 04, 2020 1:59 amMetzi
Estate Back FieldsTue Jul 28, 2020 7:11 amJack
The MooncaveMon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pmMetzi
CHAPTER ONE ALLEGIANCESThu Apr 02, 2020 8:11 pmWillowstorm
DuskClan//FrostClan Border RiverThu Apr 02, 2020 7:45 pmFeather
Fire//Frost//Bright Mutual GroundMon Mar 30, 2020 1:06 pmLeopardspots
DuskClan | The SkytreesSun Mar 29, 2020 4:11 pmLeopardspots
WaterClan | CampSun Mar 29, 2020 4:01 pmJack
FrostClan | CampSun Mar 29, 2020 3:55 pmpicunicu
BrightClan | CampSun Mar 29, 2020 3:53 pmFeather
Clan Information
Season & Time of Day:
Green-leaf (Jun-Jul-Aug)
Mid-day (2-4 pm)
Chapter: One

Weather & News:
The intense Green-leaf sun bears down on the Clans in this, their darkest hour.
An earthquake has shaken the forest, destroying the territories as the Clans know it and killing dozens of cats. Forced to band together, the cats journey in search of a new home.

DuskClan

Leader: Robinstar (@Quake)
Deputies: Scorchthicket (@Feather)
Medicine cat: Tulipsnow (@Willowstorm)

Medicine apprentices:

FireClan

Leader: Finchstar (@Willowstorm)
Deputies: Floralight (@Jack)
Medicine cat: Tanglepath (@Leopardspots)
Medicine apprentices:

WaterClan

Leader: Sharkstar (@Willowstorm)
Deputies: Rosefeather (@Metzi)
Medicine cat: Autumnsky (@Feather)

Medicine apprentices: Sunshadow (@Jack), Peachpaw (@Daisyleap)

BrightClan

Leader: Stagstar (@Leopardspots)
Deputies: Cricketsong (@Daisy)
Medicine cat:
Medicine apprentices:

FrostClan

Leader: Poolstar (@Feather)
Deputies: Wolfwatcher (@Jack)
Medicine cat: Quartzshine (@Metzi)
Medicine apprentices:
Forum Affiliates

Warrior Cats: Untold Tales

For queries about becoming a site affiliate, private message Willow and they will get back to you ASAP :)
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posters
Shadowfrost (18799)
18799 Posts - 17%
Davewing (17943)
17943 Posts - 16%
Willowstorm (16423)
16423 Posts - 15%
Spottedleaf (13960)
13960 Posts - 13%
Cynderfeather (11797)
11797 Posts - 11%
Leopardspots (7726)
7726 Posts - 7%
Daisyleap (6537)
6537 Posts - 6%
Quake (6480)
6480 Posts - 6%
Twistedheart (5088)
5088 Posts - 5%
Aquastar (4828)
4828 Posts - 4%

Go down
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

The Mooncave - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mooncave

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:24 am
"Prophecies are only given to us to pass on to you," a muscled, ruddy tom moved out from between the trees, fur slick with water. "All we can do is give guidance, and hope that you choose the right path for the Clans."
Sharkstar stood. "Then it is up to us to continue the Clans," he mewed firmly. "There must have been a reason for all of this, and we will find out."
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:31 am
"It feels like I have stars in my blood," Stagstar breathed, trying to hold onto the calm.
"Rowanstar?" Turtlestar chirped, "It's been a long time since I've seen you."
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:35 am
Finchstar felt a shiver down his spine. A shadow? But...why did Redstar only say that to me?

Rowanstar purred softly. "Turtlestar," he dipped his head. "I'm glad you were able to make it."

Ivorystar's tail flicked, watching as the group of living cats seemed to flicker in the gentle sunlight of SoulClan. "Your time here is growing shorter," she mewed urgently. "We will walk with you, but this journey will not be easy. Each and every one of you will be tested, but remain faithful, and the Clans will prevail."
Metzi
Metzi
Ridiculously Awesome Supporter

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:35 pm
Quartzshine looked down at his paws. His pelt burned, but he didn't know what with. He didn't even know what to feel. All he knew was that he felt defeated.

Flickerlight shivered. His time with Frostflower was coming to a temporary end. He was filled with the hope that makes you shiver, but also a mix of grief and worry. It was a lot. All he wanted to do was fall asleep in the warmth of his mate, but that couldn't happen. Not now, at least.
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:45 pm
Erminepaw looked at her parents, eyes full of grief. "Will I ever see you again?" she asked, voice uncharacteristically emotional.

Tanglepath looked at the shimmering pelts of the SoulClan cats lined up in front of him. Just old ghosts...
Feather
Feather

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:53 pm
Silverwind sniffled and nodded, leaning down to rasp her tongue over Erminepaw's ear. "Of course. You both will see us again when you come to SoulClan, but hopefully that day is far away. Take care of each other, and we'll be watching over you," she purred, voice thick with emotion. 

Frostflower had to swallow against the lump in her throat as she nuzzled into her mate's fur. "You'll see me again, Flickerlight. We'll have forever together when you do," she murmured, pressing her nose to his. Beside the pair, Poolstar said goodbye to Dapplestar, an all black tom finally managing to come forward with a matching she-cat beside him. 

Poolstar's eyes filled with tears at the sight of her mate and lost kit. Nighthowl nuzzled into her fur, Berryleap doing the same while the FrostClan leader wept, yellow eyes squeezing shut. Nearby, Aurapaw and Mottledsting bid their kin a tearful goodbye, nuzzles behind exchanged while they sniffled. 

Hawkpaw looked rapidly between the meadow and his brothers, throat closing while he struggled. "I don't want to say goodbye yet," he gasped, looking to Rabbitpaw. 
Nightbrook said goodbye to her parents and brother before joining Rowanscar as he struggled with saying goodbye to his sister, the sandy tabby sniffing as her brother wept softly.

"I don't want to go! Let me stay, mom!" Kitekit wailed and clung to her mother, Kindleflame struggling not to cry while she watched Scorchthicket approach, the deputy gently picking up the crying kit before he returned to Ebonyrose, pressing his forehead to hers. Willowpaw said goodbye to Spiderfrost nearby, who was clearly struggling with leaving her kits a second time. The tortoiseshell apprentice sniffed, leaning against Fallowpaw. 

A tearful Autumnsky stepped up to Turtlestar and sighed. "You shouldn't have died," she mewed gently, voice thick with grief.
Driftpaw pressed closer to his mother, sniffling.

Littledawn and Havenkit pressed closer to Seedkit, mother and son alike struggling against tears. Near them, Timberblaze bid his mate and kits goodbye, the tom doing his best to appear strong.
Metzi
Metzi

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:43 am
Flickerlight nodded. "Yeah... I'll always look forwards to seeing you again." The tom felt as if he couldn't pull away, but he knew he had to. Just another minute...

Crisppaw touched noses with Aurapaw. "You can do it! You gotta catch the best prey for me, okay?" She grinned.

Stormlotus murmured a farewell to Mottledsting. "We will meet again, don't worry." He closed his eyes and pressed against her, then withdrew. "And you can get through this. If anyone can, you can."
Jack
Jack
Staff
Staff

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:41 am
Cedarpaw sobbed, nuzzling Hawkpaw and Rabbitpaw forcefully. "God. I love you both. I'm sorry I've never said it before.." he gasped out. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I don't want you to go...."

Floralight saw her chance. "Wait! Redstar!" She called, stumbling over to her former mentor. Hesitance made her pause, but she padded closer. Her words caught in her throat. They were about to leave, damnit! She had to say something.. Her throat closed. "Um.." her ears flattened. "I'll miss you," the she-cat finally bit out.

Sunshadow felt their situation finally crash down onto him. He stuck close to Autumnsky, looking up at Turtlestar slightly. His ears flattened before he pressed himself against Peachpaw for comfort.
Daisyleap
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:55 am
Adderfang frowned, eyes glinting with tears at the sudden realization that he might never see Softecho again. He lapped his tongue over her head gently. "Please visit me if you can," he started with a weak smile as he stepped back. "And Emberpaw. We'll really miss you." he frowned when Emberpaw returned and softly pressed against him for comfort.

Melodykit suppressed a sob as she finally realized what was happening. She leaped onto Seedkit, frantically licking him, before turning back and nuzzling herself into Littledawn's chest.
Hawkstep flicked his tail, watching everyone reconnect with a smile. "How are the kits doing?" he asked Brindlestripe while still taking in the last of his divine surroundings.

Redstar stood tall, puffing out her chest as she watched FireClan reconcile with their Clanmates. When Floralight stumbled over, she chuckled and lapped her tongue over the top of her head. "I'll miss you as well, Floralight," she smiled. "You've made into a fine warrior."

Peachpaw felt her throat closing up as SoulClan sent their final words to them. She turned to Sunshadow and frowned, eyes drooping with exhaustion.
Scorpionbite watched everyone with narrowed eyes. Despite her rough exterior, she was genuinely happier after seeing SoulClan and all of her Clanmates who had passed on. She knew now that they were in a safe place, and would guide them all on a safe journey.

Softpetal embraced Dappleshine one last time, taking in her scent and not being able to resist the onset of tears anymore. "I'm really going to miss you." she was able to choke out, voice groggy.
Glasspaw pressed himself gently into Aurapaw and Crisppaw. "Me and mother wish you all the best," he meowed, regaining his strength after seeing all of the family he had lost so happy together. "We love you." he sniffed, dipping his head to his father, Stormlotus as well.
Metzi
Metzi

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:59 am
Brindlestripe flicked her ears, pulled out of his thoughts. She sighed. "They're doing well, I think. But I'm worried about how they'll do with the stress."

Larchmask smiled, taking in the reunions of the other cats. He felt a pang in his chest, realizing how alone he was. But at least the others were reunited.
Feather
Feather

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:15 pm
Softecho nodded and embraced Adderfang and Emberpaw again, eyes closing tightly while she whispered her goodbyes. When she stepped back, she swallowed against the lump in her throat. "Stay alive, you two. I want to be able to watch your warrior ceremony, Emberpaw. I'll be there even if you can't see me." 

Dappleshine nodded and pressed her nose to Softpetal's. "I'll miss you too, but I'll be watching over you. You and Sunsplash have my best wishes," she mewed softly, purring. 

Autumnsky leaned down to nuzzled each of her apprentices. "We'll be alright," she mewed softly. 
Jack
Jack
Staff
Staff

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:23 am
Floralight finally let herself break down a bit. She nuzzled her mentor. "I wish you hadn't died," she whispered. "Everything is so hard. Why did you have to die?" Her ears flattened lightly. "I'll miss you so much, Redstar... I became deputy, you know?"

Sunshadow looked over his Clan who shared their goodbyes. He couldn't help but feel soured, but shook it off quickly. There was no reason for him to be so selfish. "Yeah. Of course," he murmured back to his mentor, looking away. SoulClan really was beautiful. Shame it had to be ruined by such a tragedy.

Daisypaw nuzzled her brothers tightly. "Hey, become great warriors for me, okay? I love you dummies so much. You better not die such a lame death like me," she joked through her tears, smiling. "Be good for me."
Daisyleap
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:31 pm
Adderfang began softly purring, bumping heads with Emberpaw.
Emberpaw looked down at his paws and frowned. "You taught me really well," he murmured, trying to think of what to say before he left his mentor. "I'll miss you, Softecho."

Redstar shut her eyes solemnly, thinking back to her final days and grimacing. "Trust me, I didn't think it was my time, either," she mewed, reaching down to bump her head softly to Floralight's. "And yes, I watched your ceremony. You're doing a wonderful job," she smiled, eyes twinkling. "I'll always be there to guide you." she left Floralight with those words, turning back to Ivorystar and waiting.
Hawkstep nodded slowly. "We should keep a positive mindset." he meowed, flicking his tail.

Peachpaw purred, shifting on her lame leg. "I hope so," she sighed, thoughts of how the Clans would recover beginning to plague her mind. "But, as long as we stay strong." she looked down at her paws, barely believing her own words.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:37 pm
Sharkstar opened his mouth to mew a thank you to the SoulClan cats but woke with a start, jumping to his paws and scattering pebbles everywhere. A voice echoed in his mind, repeating over and over; "Follow the rising sun, but beware the shadow that grows within." A shadow within? This must be a trick.

Tulipsnow yawned as gentle sunlight filtered into the cave from the roof, dappling the pelts of the sleeping cats. She stayed where she was for a second, simply breathing in the mingled scents of the Clan cats around her. "We must stick together," she murmured.
Metzi
Metzi

Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:48 am
Quartzshine opened his eyes. He ached all over, having fallen asleep cold and in an awkward position from his exhaustion. He stood and stretched. What now? Spotting Tulipsnow, who was also awake, he padded over. He couldn't linger on his feelings of betrayal from SoulClan. There were injured cats. "Hey," he greeted her, keeping his voice low as to not wake any cats early.

Basilpaw woke up with a start. He looked around, eyes wide.  He had barely gotten to say goodbye...

Flickerlight felt the movement of his kits at his side. His eyes were sticky with sleep. They seemed hungry... Unsure of what to do, the tom looked around. He wished that Frostflower was there, but she was gone. He was painfully aware of it.
Jack
Jack
Staff
Staff

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:00 am
Sunshadow woke with a start, uncurling himself and looking out towards the cats who were also just waking up. He sighed solemnly, shaking out his fur and glancing towards his mentor and Peachpaw.

Floralight was about to meow back before she awoke. She reeled back with force, before pursing her lips and steadying herself. She gripped at the pebbles with her claws, standing. They had lots to do.

Cedarpaw woke lightly, immediately looking around for Flamepaw. It was just them now. He shrank slightly at the thought. He was going to protect his brother at all costs.
Feather
Feather

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:02 pm
Willowpaw woke with a slow yawn, her heart heavy as she looked around saw the same ragtag group of cats she'd been with since the night before. It hadn't been a dream. She looked to Fallowpaw and Emberpaw, then to Flamepaw and Cedarpaw. "It wasn't a dream," she mewed softly, voice pained. She rose to her paws, shaking out her tortoiseshell fur. The prophecy repeated in her head, ears flattening.

Scorchthicket woke with a grief filled meow of, "Ebonyrose," his ears flattening to his head while he laid it back on his paws, chest tight with sorrow. Why hadn't he realized how he'd felt sooner? The prophecy echoed through his skull, but all he could think about was how he hadn't saved his former apprentice, how he had left her there and ran.

Kitekit woke next and looked up to Snailnose, gently freeing herself from the WaterClan queen, despite how Laurelkit woke and told her she could stay. The tortoiseshell kit shook her head, paws dragging as she padded a small distance away.

Poolstar woke with a start, yellow eyes flying open as she moved frantically to her paws. Her fur was fluffed, and she glanced rapidly around, relaxing slowly when she saw the still sleeping cats.
Risingscorch opened his eyes slowly, licking his mate's ear and purring softly. He laid his tail over her and looked up, amber eyes flicking from cat to cat, examining each in turn. 

Littledawn woke, but refused to move, pressing back closer to Martenstrike while her tail curled tighter around Havenkit and Melodykit. The image of Seedkit lingered in her mind, and she released a muffled sob. 
Timberblaze lifted his head, a lingering feeling of his mate's warmth against his side. His kits, his mate... He bowed his head again.

Autumnsky repeated the prophecy beneath her breath. "A shadow within," she muttered, lingering on it and looking to Sharkstar. She heaved herself to her paws and padded over to the leader. "What do you think it means?" She questioned, looking also to the other medicine cats.
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:37 pm
Tanglepath shrugged nervously. "Perhaps we're being followed by something," he suggested.

Martenstrike woke up. He noticed how closely he had scooted to Littledawn in his sleep and stiffened, unsure of whether or not to scoot away.

Hawksky blinked, seeing Tulipsnow's soft creamy white fur and letting out a contented purr.

Fallowpaw's tail bushed out, her eyes shining. "Do you think we'll see them again?" she whispered.

Flamepaw rolled his eyes and scoffed, trying to brush off the claws tearing into his heart at the thought of never seeing his lost brothers again.

Stagstar looked around the cave, blinking at the dim light of dawn peaking through. "We're going to need to find some place to hunt," he muttered.

Snailnose woke up, her legs still aching from yesterday and her heart still heavy with grief.

Marshfeather stood up shakily, blinking to adjust his eyes to the light.

Mapleglow yawned, feeling a pang of hunger in her chest.

Erminepaw shut her eyes tight, trying to savor the picture of her parents in her mind.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:17 pm
Lichenpaw stretched, surprised to realise that her leg was sore but holding her weight. Thank you, Lupinfrost.

Sharkstar shook out his pelt. "I'd rather not focus on the 'shadow within' right now," he mewed, looking around the waking cats. "Stagstar's right, we need to hunt. But we can't stay here."
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:26 pm
"If we're going to move we should probably send out scouts," Stagstar mewed, "We don't want to get everyone moving without a destination."

Erminepaw, still curled up on the floor looked to Lichenpaw. "Is your leg feeling okay?" she asked gently.
Feather
Feather

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Poolstar shifted closer to the two leaders and nodded her agreement. "Perhaps we can hunt along the way once a destination is chosen, and if there's any prey left around here," she mewed, curling her tail around her paws.
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:03 pm
"I'm sure there will be prey beyond here," Stagstar muttered, "The wave didn't reach on forever, the land beyond here should be mostly untouched."
Jack
Jack
Staff
Staff

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:22 am
Cedarpaw padded over to his brother, heart still aching. "We're strong," he laughed, albeit bitter. "We'll be fine," he murmured. He took a glance at Willowpaw. "Aren't you going to see how your girlfriend's doing? She must be pretty shaken."
Metzi
Metzi

Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:54 am
Larchmask opened his eyes with some effort, sticky with sleep. His muscles ached, both with age and from the cold of sleeping alone. He missed his old denmated poorly. Struggling to his paws, the elder started to give himself his morning wash. There was a pang in his heart as he thought back to how this activity would be with friends.

Brindlestripe stood and stretched. She looked down at Hawkstep, who was still asleep. She considered waking him up, but decided to let him sleep. SoulClan knew he needed it. Instead, she scanned the group. It didn't seem that anyone was forming a patrol yet, so she waited and settled back down.
Feather
Feather

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:26 am
"I meant in regards to the earthquakes. I don't know how your territories fared, but we could barely find anything after the quakes. No birds were in the trees, either. We don't know how far those effects stretched." Poolstar glanced out of the Mooncave to the rain soaked land beyond, a sense of grief filling her at the idea of having to leave their homes. 

Littledawn had stopped Kitekit in her pacing, and the DuskClan kit accepted the offer to curl up with Havenkit and Melodykit, exhausted even after her long sleep. 

Autumnsky glanced out, ears pinned to her head. "Whatever we decide to do, we should do it soon," she mewed, shaking her head.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:10 pm
Sharkstar's ears pricked as the ground rumbled, but only shook gently beneath their paws. "We need to get to safer ground," he mewed firmly.

Plumdrop, watching the conversation, padded forward. "Before it was raining last night I could see the Twolegplace was mostly untouched," she mewed, flicking an ear. "Perhaps we could head in that direction?"
"Twolegs?" Finchstar scoffed softly. "They bumble around like badger kits with their eyes shut, we'd be squashed."
Daisyleap
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:56 am
Adderfang blinked his eyes open and stretched out his legs, looking around and seeing most of his Clanmates awake. Softecho, he stifled a sob, remembering how she had looked at him for the last time. He tried to pull himself back into reality but found himself stuck, only replaying their short-lived conversation in his mind and blinking rapidly to suppress tears.
Emberpaw woke with a yawn, frowning at how different the Mooncave looked from his glistening, starry dream. He turned to Fallowpaw and Willowpaw, flicking his tail. "We'll see them again," he mewed softly in response to Fallowpaw's whisper, although he had trouble believing it himself. "But what could that prophecy mean?" he rose to his paws and watched the leaders and medicine cats discuss.

Hawkstep pricked his ears at the sound of shuffling next to him, and opened his eyes to see Brindlestripe. "SoulClan," he gaped, scanning his Clanmates slowly rising from their makeshift nests. "What does this mean?" he breathed, slowly getting to his paws and brushing his tail against Brindlestripe's stomach. He silently prayed that his kits could still have a proper delivery, and that they would all be healthy.
Melodykit woke with a start, immediately leaping to her paws and twirling around. Her usually shining eyes drooped heavily when she didn't see Seedkit. "Mama," she prodded Littledawn, only offering a glance to Kitekit, who had a remarkable different scent. "What's going on?"

Peachpaw had woken a bit earlier, while everyone else was still asleep. She shifted on her lame leg and grimaced every time she put too much weight on it. "Sunshadow.." she whispered, only angry at herself for not being able to get up and help her Clanmates during such tragic times.
Scorpionbite yawned, turning and widening her eyes at the sight of Spiderleap next to her. She curled her lip for a moment, before prodding him gently. "Hey," she hissed quietly, trying not to put too much of an edge in her voice. "Are you okay?"

Cricketsong blinked her eyes open to see many of her Clanmates already awake and discussing what to do next. She immediately leaped to her paws and padded over to Stagstar. At Plumdrop's suggestion, she made an audible hm. "It's still fairly early," she offered, clearing her throat. "I'm sure Twolegs wouldn't be too far from their homes, especially since it was raining so much."

Softpetal stretched out her legs, turning and lapping her tongue over Sunsplash's forehead. "Wake up, sleepy-head," she purred, trying not to think about Dappleshine too much. She had to focus on the present now, and helping everyone adjust to this new journey. "I think we're leaving the Mooncave today."
Glasspaw flattened his ears as voices began to fill the Mooncave, and he turned to press his face into Glowingstride's side. "I'm tired." he mumbled into her fur, curling up into a tighter ball and trying to block out the voices of everyone talking.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:38 pm
Plumdrop dipped her head to her Clanmate, feeling a warmth in her chest.

Finchstar's tail flicked. "I'm still not convinced, but you did live closer to them than we did. What do you think, Stagstar?" He looked at the new leader, a little intimidated. I've been leader longer, he tried to convince himself. I know what's best for my Clan.

Lichenpaw stretched and sighed. "Yeah, better. I think Lupinfrost fixed it for me." She wiggled her paw, purring but with a sad edge to her tone. "I'm gonna miss him."

Tulipsnow nudged Hawksky gently. "Wake up," she murmured. "I think they're sending out a hunting patrol."
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:15 pm
"Twolegs are unpleasant but better than us drowning in this cave," Stagstar huffed, "But I would still prefer we send out a patrol in advance instead of tromping out into the unknown with kits and elders."

"I think we should head out," Tanglepath mewed, twitching his ear. "I'm not sure how safe we are in here anymore."

"Wh-? Huh?" Hawksky mumbled, rising shakily to his paws.

Martenstrike looked to the kitten then to Littledawn. "You sure? One of the other queens might be able to take 'em."

"Me too," Erminepaw sighed.
Feather
Feather

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:17 am
"I don't think we should risk everything collapsing while a group of cats goes scouting," Autumnsky mewed, rising to her paws and stretching out, shaking out her fur. "Like it or not, the waters will rise and this, what we've always known, will be gone." The WaterClan medicine cat took a glance around, pale amber eyes brimming with grief. 

Poolstar looked from Autumnsky to the other leaders, ears pinned back. "How long do we actually know the Mooncave will last? I can't, in good conscience, leave kits and elders here if there's a risk of flooding or a collapse." 

Littledawn shook her head and looked to Martenstrike. "She reminds me of Seedkit, and she lost her whole family. I lost a kit. It feels almost like it's supposed to be me taking care of her," she meowed softly, watching as Kitekit curled up further between Melodykit and Havenkit. "At least until we're settled down somewhere more permanent."
Metzi
Metzi

Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:51 am
Quartzshine flicked his ear, then turned. For a moment he thought to find Mintsky by habit, but remembered. Oh... Instead, he spotted Autumnsky. He may as well try to help out with whatever they were doing, or ask for cats to help gather herbs. The medicine cat apprentice walked over, pricking his ears to hear what they were saying. Hearing what the WaterClan medicine cat said made him freeze. It was hard to imagine the Mooncave gone... He looked down at his paws.

Brindlestripe shook her head. "I don't know... But it's big, and I don't know if the clans are ready." She closed her eyes as if she was trying to forget, to go back to when FireClan was whole.

Larchmask finished his grooming and sat up to watch the discussion. He was just barely far enough to have trouble, but he heard bits about the Twolegplace. His fur involuntarily bristled at the thought of travelling through the stink and noise of the twolegs' territory. But if that was what it took to survive, then he would do it.

Flickerlight looked back down at the whimpering kits. He had no idea what to do. "Uh... SoulClan help me!" He exclaimed. The tom had a new respect for the queens. This was a lot, especially without his mate. Licking each one between their ears, Flickerlight's thoughts raced. What would Frostflower do?

Basilpaw shivered and prodded his brother in the shoulder. "Sootpaw, wake up! The leaders are talking, and I heard something about the Mooncave flooding!" He had been paying half the attention he should have, and his long fur was barely kept lying flat. "And scouting," he added.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:33 am
Glidefeather, having stayed back for the conversation, stood. "I know a safe space outside the Twolegplace," he mewed. "To the east, there's a large wooded area that isn't part of the Jungle, we could shelter there."
Plumdrop glanced at the young warrior, eyes narrowing. "How would you know?" 
He flattened his ears. "I explored a lot as an apprentice."
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 am
Stagstar rolled his eyes at the young warrior. "Do you think it's safe for us to shelter there?" he asked.

Mapleglow padded towards Flickerlight, sensing the tom's distress. "I could help you take care of them," she offered.
Feather
Feather

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:26 pm
Risingscorch pushed to his paws, watching Mapleglow with a soft look on his features. With everything that happened, he was simply relieved to still have her. He glanced out of the Mooncave, his stomach making his hunger known with an embarrassingly loud growl. Pinning his ears to his head, he padded closer to the leaders. 

Willowpaw sat back down by Fallowpaw, eyes fixed onto her paws. "I miss Spiderfrost," she mewed to her sister, curling her tail tightly round her paws. "And Hickoryshadow."
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Fallowpaw nodded, silently shuffling forward pressing close to her sister to offer comfort.
Metzi
Metzi

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 am
Flickerlight looked up at Mapleglow. "Thank you," he mewed. Relief flooded his body, and the tension in his spine relaxed. "But when are your kits due? Do you have milk yet?" Flickerlight glanced down at the squirming bundles at his paws.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:35 am
Leopardspots wrote:Stagstar rolled his eyes at the young warrior. "Do you think it's safe for us to shelter there?" he asked.

Glidefeather nodded. "There's plenty of prey too. And a few kittypets, but we can deal with them." He felt his chest puff in pride, happy to be able to contribute.
Finchstar rolled his eyes. "I guess it's best we move on, then. SoulClan seems to think there's new territory for us, why wouldn't it be close by?"
Feather
Feather

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:27 pm
Autumnsky looked outside of the Mooncave. "I don't know if it'll be a permanent territory," she muttered to herself, looking in the direction of the Twolegplace. She sighed and shook her head, looking back to the others. "Should we get everyone up then?"
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:08 pm
Sharkstar nodded. "I'd just...like to talk to everyone first, if that's okay?" He felt his ears burning, not quite used to talking with all the leaders like equals yet.
Feather
Feather

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:12 pm
Poolstar tilted her head, tail flicking. "I don't see why it wouldn't be alright," she mewed, offering the new leader a reassuring purr. She moved slightly to the side and curled her tail around her paws, looking at him expectantly.
Metzi
Metzi

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:22 am
Rosefeather stood and stretched. Shaking out her fur, she scanned the camp. Cats seemed to be waking up from the spectacle of the night. Still somewhat awed by seeing her warrior ancestors, Rosefeather took some deep breaths. The air was crisp, feeling like new beginnings. They could do this.

Quartzshine, seeing Sharkstar about to speak, sat down and watched. He decided to wait to speak with Poolstar about gathering herbs.
Leopardspots
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:28 pm
"I think it's best we hurry," Tanglepath mewed warily. He could hear the rain thumping against stone outside and shuddered at the thought of being trapped in this ghost filled cave forever.

Stagstar flicked his ear. Should I think about appointing a deputy? It was well past moonhigh, but normal rules didn't seem to apply so much anymore.

Marshfeather looked up at Sharkstar, tilting his head curiously at the young leader.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:40 pm
Finchstar simply flicked his ear, and Sharkstar stepped forward. "Cats of W-...the Clans!" he called, wondering if he should've found a higher spot to stand.

Tulipsnow looked up, surprised to see one of the new leaders so brave.

Though the WaterClan leader's voice was the one that rung around the Mooncave, Plumdrop glanced towards Stagstar before settling down and waiting expectantly.
Glidefeather did the same, though his fur still rippled with excitement like he'd been shocked by lightning.
Daisyleap
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:27 am
Peachpaw shuffled near Autumnsky, turning at the sound of Sharkstar's voice. Her eyes drooped with exhaustion from thinking about what sort of journey the Clans would have to take, and could barely focus as more cats began to settle down for the meeting.

Scorpionbite prodded Spiderleap with her paw, flicking her tail. "Clan meeting," she whispered, hating to admit it but growing to enjoy the tom's company. "I think Sharktooth," she paused, shaking her head. "Sharkstar, is going to appoint a deputy."

Cricketsong smiled to Plumdrop before carefully settling next to her, wrapping her tail tightly around her paws. She squinted up at the new WaterClan leader, still wary about placing her trust in anyone other than Snowystar, and now her brother.
Metzi
Metzi

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:19 am
Rosefeather pricked her ears and bounded over to Spiderleap and Scorpionbite. She greeted her brother with a nudge on the cheek and sat down next to the two cats. She curled her tail neatly around her forepaws, eyes bright and focused on her new leader.
Feather
Feather

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:11 am
Scorchthicket fixed his eyes onto the leaders, his gaze hollow while he thought of all the clanmates he lost. He sighed and tried to really focus on Sharkstar, curling his tail tight around his paws. As Kitekit woke again, Littledawn let her wriggle away to run over to the DuskClan deputy. He wrapped his tail around her instead.
Jack
Jack
Staff
Staff

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:00 pm
Floralight padded up beside her brother, eyes glinting in curiosity up at Stagstar. Her talk with Redstar had left her feeling light, but left the thought in favour of glancing over at the cats of her clan.

Spiderleap unconsciously leaned into Scorpionbite, mind still wandering. He was startled out of his stupor at her question, ducking his head in embarrassment and curling his tail lightly. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine..." he whispered. "I, um," there was a slight pause as he gathered his words. Why did he have to be so tongue-twisted? "Sorry. Uh, deputy?" Immediately, the image of his mother flashed through his mind again. His ears flattened a fraction. "Wonder who it'll be..." Relief flooded through him at his sister's arrival, and he briefly touched his nose to her shoulder before looking up at the new leader.

Sunshadow aimlessly followed Peachpaw, rubbing at his eyes with his paw lightly.
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:40 pm
Sootpaw nudged Basilpaw awake, sitting up and licking his chest to clean the fur lightly.

Sharkstar waited until the cats had all settled, looking around. "I know this has been a hard time for you all," he mewed, surprising himself with how steady his voice was. "This is only the beginning of a great journey, and we will do all we can to keep the Clans alive. Before we set out I'd like to appoint a deputy to WaterClan, just in case...something happens. So, I say these words before SoulClan, so that the spirits of our ancestors may hear and approve of my choice. By Turtlestar's blessing, the new deputy of WaterClan will be Rosefeather." He looked to the she-cat, daughter of two great leaders, purring softly.
Feather
Feather

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:48 pm
Autumnsky blinked and looked to the newly appointed leader, somewhat surprised by his choice. Turtlestar and Sandstar had been remarkable leaders, but Rosefeather was still young and naive. The medicine cat kept silent, opting to keep her opinion to herself. Instead, she curled her tail around herself and looked to her apprentices, noting their exhaustion. 

Poolstar purred, remembering back rather fondly to when the news of Turtlestar's, then Turtlesplash, kits being born was announced at the gathering. She didn't know much about Rosefeather, but she trusted Sharkstar's choice.
Metzi
Metzi

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:23 am
Rosefeather blinked. Deputy? He couldn't believe it! Of all cats, her? Either way, she would make Sharkstar and her parents proud. The new deputy padded forwards, trying to hold her tail high. Rosefeather dipped her head respectfully. "Thank you, Sharkstar," she purred, unable to keep her tail tip still. A tingle of new beginnings made her whiskers twitch.

Larchmask purred, seeing the young deputy. He could see her shock, but also her excitement. He wished he were that young again, but pushed away the thought.

Quartzshine barely held in a gasp. That cat was barely older than him! How could such a young cat help lead a clan? He couldn't help but let his ur bristle. But Quartzshine realized that not only was Sharkstar a leader and of a different clan, but these were hard times. A young cat would be needed.

Basilpaw opened his eyes. The scent of his family almost lingered, but he lost it too soon. The apprentice also sat and busied his nose in Sootpaw's fur, whimpering. "I miss them," he murmured, still half-asleep and unaware of Sharkstar.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum