Clan Information
Season & Time of Day:
Leafbare (Dec/Jan/Feb)
Noon (12-2pm)

Weather & News:
Snow is beginning to fall on the territories, covering everything in a blanket of soft white powder. The winds are chilly coming off of the mountains, and it is suggested that everyone save their strength for hunting and training to defend your territory.
WaterClan is discussing a way to get rid of their alligator problem before leafbare truly sets in, while DuskClan is still facing an epidemic of sickness. FireClan and FrostClan have become cautious allies with BrightClan, since the prophecy contained all three Clans, and are trying to find a way to get rid of the rogues.

DuskClan

Jadestar (@Viper) - 9 lives

Deputies: Littleflower (@Daisyleap), Dragonmoon (@Aquastar)

Medicine cats: Hollyshade (@Daisyleap), {reserved}

M/c apprentices: Tulippaw (@Willowstorm), {reserved}

FireClan

Redstar (@Daisyleap) - 8 lives

Deputies: Nightpelt (@Skybreeze), Sparkfeather (@Aquastar)

Medicine cats: Soraflight (@Leopardspots), Mudstreak(@Aquastar)

M/c apprentices: Owlpaw(@Willowstorm), Flurrypaw (@Quake)

Notice: FireClan camp is temporarily located within FrostClan due to the rogue takeover.

WaterClan

Sandstar (@Aquastar) - 7 lives

Deputies: Turtlesplash (@Leopardspots), Nightfoot (@Daisyleap)

Medicine cats: Peachcloud(@Daisyleap), Autumnsky (@Echorose)

M/c apprentices: Beechpaw (@Sorrelflight), Sunpaw (@Sunshadow)

Notice: WaterClan's Camp is currently located in their Swampy Forest due to flooding.

BrightClan

Ivorystar (@Willowstorm) - 4 lives

Deputies: Lynxcloud (@Daisyleap), Snowpuddle (@Snoo)

Medicine cats: Hazelflight (@Leopardspots), Seabreeze (@Sorrelflight)

M/c apprentices: Mistpool (@Mistpool), {reserved}

FrostClan

Dapplestar (@Leopardspots) - 2 lives

Deputies: Cloverlily (@Daisyleap), {reserved}

Medicine cats: Ivyfeather (@Aquastar), Graytail (@Skybreeze)

M/c apprentices: Falconswoop (@Willowstorm), Longpaw (@Daisyleap)
Forum Affiliates
~~
Warrior Cats: Untold Tales
~~
Legends, Lore, Fantasy and More RPG Board
~~
~~
~~

~~

~~
~~
For queries about becoming a site affiliate, private message Willow and they will get back to you ASAP :)

Dusk's Purpose

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dusk's Purpose

Post by Willowstorm on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Notes to readers:
Updates won't be regular, i can tell you that now. I don't even know if I'll finish it. But please let me know what you think!
(apologies if I edit as I go, I'm never fully satisfied with my work and it sucks lol)
If you say nice things I might put you in the story ehehe

This is an original story by me, but warriors is owned by Erin Hunter;; please don't steal it, or I will find you. Smile 

Synopsis:
Seasons after the events that we all know of, the legend of Firestar and his kin and the Battle against the Dark Forest are merely stories told to entertain kits and help apprentices understand the importance of Clan bonds. However, times seem to be changing. A Tribe cat called Dusk is the focus of a prophecy that will change her fate, her Tribe's fate, and the Clans' fates forever, but only if she can figure out how.

Allegiances:
Tribe of Rushing Water:
Healer: Teller of the Pointed Stones (Stoneteller) - skinny black tom with piercing amber eyes
Healer-in-training: Dusk before Moonless Night (Dusk) - brown tabby shecat

Prey-hunters:
Mist over Cold Water (Mist) - solid grey shecat
Dew that Rolls Off Leaf (Dew) - ginger tabby tom
Silver Gleam of Full Moon (Silver) - silver tabby shecat
Eagle that Hunts at Night (Eagle) - ginger tabby tom
Spots of Feathered Wren (Spot) - spotted brown tabby shecat
Frost that Shimmers on Stones (Frost) - pure white shecat

Cave-guards:
Screech of Swooping Owl (Screech) - ragged-looking brown tabby tom
Stone that Falls from Peaks (Stone)  - dark grey tom
Wolf that Howls to Moon (Wolf) - black tom with piercing amber eyes
Snow Speckled on Fallen Leaves (Snow) - white shecat with ginger and black patches
Ash from Burning Embers (Ash) - grey shecat with amber eyes
Feather of Hunting Eagle (Feather) - tall white shecat
Bolt of Sharp Lightning (Lightning) - pale ginger tabby tom with white streak along spine

To-Bes:
Petal of Snowswept Flower (Petal) - small, white and grey patched shecat; prey-hunter
Fog that Covers Moon (Fog) - silvery grey tom; prey-hunter
Ripple of Falling Water (Ripple) - grey and black tabby tom; cave-guard
Shard of Broken Ice (Shard) - black tom with white paws and blue eyes; cave-guard

Kit-mothers:
Rain as Night Falls (Rain) - pale grey tabby shecat, expecting Wolf's kits.
Flowing Stream after Winter Freeze (Stream) - dark brown tabby shecat
Mother to Eagle’s kits: Flash of Fish Scale (Flash) and Calm after Rough Storm (Storm)
Pebble Smoothed by Water (Pebble) - tortoiseshell shecat, expecting Lightning's kits.

Elders:
Sky on Cloudless Day (Sky) - old ginger shecat
Dust from Dry Stone (Dust) - dark brown tom
Blue Shine of Water (Blue) - scraggly bluegrey shecat, blind in both eyes. Mother of the current Stoneteller.
ThunderClan:
Leader: Hazelstar - cream tabby shecat

Deputy: Thrushtail - dark grey tom
Apprentice: Daisypaw

Medicine cat: Morningsky - ginger and white shecat with a long tail

Warriors
Icewhisker - white tom with black patches
Apprentice: Finchpaw
Acornfur - brown tabby shecat 
Apprentice: Mintpaw
Lakebreeze - pale blue-grey shecat with blue eyes
Brindlespots - tortoiseshell and white patched shecat
Hawktalon - stone grey tabby tom
Plumstep - small tabby shecat with dark blue eyes
Apprentice: Mistypaw
Rippleflame - ginger tom with amber eyes
Maplefire - fiery ginger shecat
Apprentice: Frostypaw
Specklesnow - white shecat with grey dappled spots
Oakclaw - brown tabby tom with one white streak over his eye
Rosemist - sandy ginger tabby shecat
Thistleleap - dark grey dappled tabby shecat
Mousetooth - dark grey tom with one tooth showing
Apprentice: Sparrowpaw
Goldendawn - ginger shecat with brilliant blue eyes.

Apprentices
Mintpaw - white dappled shecat
Mistypaw - light grey tabby shecat
Daisypaw - tortoiseshell and white shecat 
Finchpaw- skinny black tom
Sparrowpaw - brown tabby tom with white speckles
Frostypaw - pure white shecat

Queens:
Swallowcloud - brown and white shecat
Mother to Thrushtail’s kits: Stormkit, Duskkit, and Leafykit.
Mistystripe - blue grey shecat. Expecting Oakclaw’s kits.

Elders
Rabbitear - white tom with grey ears, paws, and tail (deaf in left ear)
Perchleaf - scarred, pale grey tom (virtually blind and deaf)
Fawndust - speckled tortoiseshell shecat
RiverClan:
soon
WindClan:
soon
ShadowClan:
soon
SkyClan:
soon

Prologue:
The shimmer of the starlight reflecting from the Moonpool dappled the pelts of the cats who followed the ancient path, living paws stepping into the old, worn pawprints of cats who had lived many generations ago. Their shadows flickered across the walls, but the sense of urgency hung in the air almost as the mist from the water did, ice cold water meeting the chilled leaf-fall air with a burst of white.
“We must hurry,” a tabby-pelted tom, his green eyes wide and darting between the faces of the others. “StarClan must speak to us, now.”
“Hush, Gorsestep. We’re all struggling, can’t you tell?” A golden pelted she-cat, the last to follow the line of cats, flicked her plumy tail as she found a spot down beside the water.
Gorsestep just huffed, dipping his nose into the water and lapping a few drops before settling down. “You were last here, Morningsky. We can’t be waiting on RiverClan for moons.”
One of the other cats coughed, narrowing his amber eyes. “You were late too, Gorsestep. We’re all suffering, but prey is beginning to run well. Maybe this will all blow over, surely StarClan would have spoken to us now if it wasn’t going to.”
“Can we just walk with them?” A she-cat barely larger than a young apprentice spoke up, blue eyes wide. “We need to return to our clans.” The other cats nodded in agreement, all of them ducking their heads to the water before settling down. 
They had barely closed their eyes before a rushing feeling made them all open them again, their surroundings completely changed. Snow sat at their paws and drifted from the sky, one of the cats dabbing at it only a heartbeat before the swirling snow solidified into the shapes of cats surrounding them, stars dappling their fur. A feeling of confusion passed between the group; normally their dreams were separate, with old Clanmates and friends they once knew, and it was rare to have them all in one place, surrounded by cats they didn't know.
One cat, her white pelt barely standing out from the background, gazed upon the line of medicine cats with a startlingly green gaze. “You all come from great Clans, with the great Code to follow, and Clanmates who rely on you to heal what ails them. This time, however, you will not succeed without outside help.” Shocked, the medicine cats began to protest, but she held up a paw to silence them. Her gaze moved upwards, a gap breaking in the storm clouds to reveal three stars sparkling in a line as if pointing. “Follow dusk to where you need to go, but be warned; the wolves of night fight against day.
As if on cue, the snow stopped, flakes suspended in the air. The blue-eyed shecat reached up to dab at one of them, but as she did, a rushing feeling like the strongest wind overcame the group, and they woke, blinking heavily.
Gorsestep scrambled to his paws, shaking a little. “I-I must return to my Clan,” he stuttered, clearly shaken.
“But we must discuss the prophecy!” Morningsky bared her teeth at her fellow medicine cat.
“We haven’t had one in moons, and StarClan dumps one like this on us?” The small shecat with blue eyes shook her head, standing. “I’m leaving too. Do as you wish, Morningsky, but we will not leave our Clans for as long as you want us to.” She stood with narrowed eyes, following Gorsestep up the path as he scrambled away, and Morningsky closed her eyes and shook her head.
She felt a tail drape across her shoulders, looking up at SkyClan’s medicine cat, the fluffy white pelt of Snowtail hard to mistake. “It’s all right,” he soothed, letting his tail drop. “The meaning of the prophecy will be known soon. After all, that’s what StarClan wants to happen, isn’t it?”
“Well, we can’t let Tinyleaf and Gorsestep get a head start in trying to find a cure,” Morningsky sighed as she stood, shaking her fur out a little, and glanced at the black pelt of ShadowClan’s medicine cat. “Are you coming, Starlingperch?”
The tom shook his head. “My return isn’t urgent, I’ve left Foxpaw in charge. He’s due for his full name soon…” He carried on mumbling to himself about herbs and prey, staring intently at the waters of the rippling Moonpool. Snowtail let out a small snort as he beckoned for Morningsky to follow. 
The pair padded up the icy path with pelts brushing, pausing to watch dawn break over the horizon in a rainbow of colour. Another omen, Morningsky realised in a rush as she spotted the three stars just above the wash of colour. Change...change will come. And we won’t be ready for it.

Chapter 1:
An eery howl echoed through the mountain peaks, the only noise that replaced the bird song, which had died but days before the frosts began. A cool breeze followed the noise, making the cream and grey dappled pelt of the cat crouching in the weeds fluff up with fright. It wasn't an unfamiliar noise to her, but it was still new and creepy. 
"Dusk!" The cat pricked her ears in alarm, whipping around only to find the familiar face of her mother bearing down on her, and she groaned as the grey she-cat started licking her ears. 
"Mist, I'm fine," she insisted, but the older she-cat ignored her, tutting disapprovingly under her breath. 
"You know that we don't hunt at night, it's dangerous! If I hadn't come looking for you in your nest, then who knows what would have happened to you? You might have fallen off one of the cliffs, caught by an eagle-"
Dusk rolled her eyes, stepping back. "I'm fine, and you know it. Just because Stoneteller had a vision doesn't mean I'm anything special," she added snarkily, earning a flick over the ears with a well-aimed tail. 
"You should not be discussing this where anyone can hear it," Mist growled, standing and pushing Dusk to her paws with her nose. "Let's go back to the Cave, we'll be safe there." Dusk simply sighed, flicking a clump of dirt from her forepaw as she began to follow her mother, who was still grumbling, back towards their home. 
The she-cat looked up at the stars feeling lonelier than ever, the glittering fires of her ancestors shimmering gently in the clear night sky, the moon hanging in its half shape. She closed her eyes briefly, pausing. You've told Stoneteller something that he refuses to share. He hasn't eaten in almost a quarter-moon, and everyone is beginning to worry. Rain is almost ready to give birth, but if he refuses to help, she might join you up there in the skies. She gulped, wondering if it was even worth it. Please, if it’s all you do, send her an easy birth. She expected no answer from the stars about her request for her sister, and got none, though she thought she might have seen the flash of an extra bright star crossing the horizon.
"Dusk!" The cream and grey she-cat sunk her claws into the soft soil of the riverbank with a sharp intake of breath, before obediently following her mother inside to the darkness of the cave of the Tribe of Rushing Water. 
---
Dawn broke quite a while after Dusk woke, simply waiting in her nest until the older prey-hunters had decided who was going where to try and find as much food as they could before the snows began. She watched as one of the queens, a dark brown tabby by the name of Stream, ushered her kits out of their hollow to try and get some fresh air. Dusk dipped her head lightly as she made eye contact with the queen, who returned the gesture, before ducking after her youngest as he tried to climb one of the cave walls. 
Eventually more of the prey-hunters awoke, and Dusk stood and stretched, shaking a clump of moss from her paw, just before she was bowled back into the nest with a sharp gasp. “Stone!”
The grey tabby tom purred with amusement, shaking his own fur out. “You were taking too long, as always. What happened to those to-be days, hm? We could barely keep you in the cave!” 
Dusk knew the older cave-guard was just being nice, but the question haunted her a little. Have I really changed that much? “I um.... I didn’t sleep so well last night. Mist may or may not have caught me outside, beyond the waterfall.”
Stone snorted a little as he watched her get to her paws again. “Doesn’t surprise me. Stoneteller seems to be mulling over his decision, though. He hasn’t even begun your training yet, has he?” 
Obviously not, or I’d be in his cave with him. “No, I haven’t heard from him. Which is why I’m going to continue being a prey hunter until he sees fit otherwise.” 
The answer seemed to satisfy the curious tom, who padded off as his name was called. 
“Dusk!” Her name drilled into her ears, the she-cat turned to see her own father Screech, calling her name with his tail flicking...and the rest of his group looking rather unhappy. “Come on, you’re with us this morning. Let’s see if we can find any fat rabbits, hm?”

CHAPTER 2:
Morningsky woke from a dreamless sleep with a jolt, hearing someone call her name.
“Morningsky! Swallowcloud wants to know whether or not Leafykit will be getting better any time soon!” Rippleflame poked his head into the shadowy den, purring at his littermate. “Really? Anyone would think that you’re older than Perchleaf,” he teased, earning a grumpy hiss from the medicine cat as she got up and brushed herself off.
“Tell Swallowcloud I’ll be there soon.” Morningsky padded to the back of her den, her paw touching a layer of dust and sighing softly. That will need to be cleaned out soon, when we stock up for Leaf-Bare. “Flickerpa-”
A memory of her old apprentice telling her the same thing she’d just told herself hit her hard. She stumbled back, tears beading in her eyes before she could clear her head with a quick shake. She grabbed the coltsfoot leaf and walked out into the crisp mid-morning light that bounced around ThunderClan’s busy camp, trying to distract herself. The fresh kill pile was full of plump prey, and the camp seemed peaceful for once.

The medicine cat padded into the nursery, her eyes adjusting for only a moment before Duskkit and Stormkit were at her paws.
“Did you really go and see StarClan last night?” Duskkit asked, her eyes wide, while Stormkit snorted. “Don’t be silly, they dont go anywhere, its dreams!”
Swallowcloud sighed, shaking her head at the two kits as she tucked her tail tighter around Leafykit. “I’m sorry, Morningsky. They’re getting more and more curious by the day.”
“It’s no problem.” Morningsky purred and leaned down to touch noses to the two kits after she’d put the leaves down. “Yes, medicine cats share dreams with StarClan. They like to tell us what’s going on, and which naughty kits to punish when they don’t listen to their mothers.” She winked, as Stormkit gasped loudly. “Daisypaw never told us that!”
“Daisypaw told us that we’d have to eat moss to become apprentices,” Duskkit complained, whining loudly, and Swallowcloud huffed.
“That’s enough. Go and find Thrushtail, he should be back from hunting by now.”
Immediately Stormkit and Duskkit rushed out of the nursery, and Morningsky could relax a little. “I don’t know how you deal with them, Swallowcloud,” she joked softly, casting a glance at Mistystripe as the heavily pregnant queen got up and left the den too.
“I don’t know myself,” Swallowcloud purred, licking Leafykit’s ear. The kit had come down with a cold recently and, though Morningsky was treating it daily, he didn’t seem to be getting any better. In fact it was getting worse, but she daren’t tell that to the worried queen.
After checking the kit’s breathing, Morningsky chewed a little of the coltsfoot and rubbed it against his chest, as well as offering him some to eat. The kit moaned, barely conscious, and couldn’t even summon the strength to bat her paw away.
The medicine cat frowned a little. “I should probably move him into the medicine den, he’ll have peace in there.”
Swallowcloud nodded slowly, not saying a word. “He’s worse, isn’t he?” she asked eventually, and Morningsky had to pause before nodding too.
“He’s always been the smallest, I’m not sure if he will make it. But I will console with StarClan to try my best to heal him.”
Swallowcloud licked her kit’s ear again before picking him up. “I will find him a nice bit of moss to sleep on,” she murmured around his scruff, and Morningsky purred weakly before her ears pricked. The kits came racing back in, panting with their eyes wide.
“Hazelstar’s looking for you, Morningsky! Something’s happened at the border with WindClan!”

CHAPTER 3:
Once the group of hunters had returned from their hunt, Dusk was a little relieved to have a bit of peace for herself. Stone had been relentless and, though she loved the goofy tom, he was a bit too much sometimes.  Her distraction had cost her a good rabbit, and Screech’s gaze seemed to bore into the back of her head as she padded over to the elders with her only catch of the morning. He always seems disappointed in me, she thought, blinking her eyes to adjust to the darker light of the elders’ area.
“Ah, Dusk, it’s lovely to see you!” Sky’s mew of greeting made Dusk’s heart lift a little. She always enjoyed visiting her father’s mother, even if she was a bit forgetful in her old age.
Dusk set the prey down beside Dust’s nest, the brown tom snoring with a bit of moss stuck on his ear, and greeted Sky with a touch of their noses. “It’s nice to see you too. I brought the first prey for you three, the weather’s going to get cold again soon.”
As Sky started talking happily about her old days as a prey-hunter and set about waking Dust up, Dusk’s gaze travelled to the blind azure eyes of Blue, the third elder, who was sitting to the side. The she-cat seemed to sense Dusk’s gaze and dipped her head, inviting her over with a flick of the tail. 
“What troubles you?” she croaked as Dusk sat down beside the elder’s nest, her voice gravelly as if she hadn’t had a proper drink of water in moons.
Dusk hesitated for a moment, and shook her head. “It’s nothing. I should be goi-” She was stopped from moving by a surprisingly strong paw reaching out and touching her chest. 
“No. Talk.”
Dusk shifted from one foot to the other awkwardly. “I um...I suppose I’m just scared. I don’t know if I’d make a good Stoneteller,” she admitted quickly, the words seeming to spill from her jaws without her meaning to.
The old she-cat nodded wisely, knowingly. “I see,” she mewed. “You’re worried you’ll waste away inside this cave, hm? Like I am?” She purred dryly, the noise creaky but full of love. “I’ve watched you grow into a talented young she-cat, Dusk. Your mother might not agree with her sibling’s decision, but-”
Dusk interrupted. “Siblings? My mother and Stoneteller are siblings?”
Blue purred again, nodding. “Yes. Did your mother never say? She’s from a younger litter, of course, and she has a different mother, but my old mate was her father too.” 
Dusk shook her head. “She’s never mentioned it,” she admitted softly, opening her jaws to ask another question but looking up as a small head poked in. 
“Dusk?” The silvery-grey pelt belonging to Fog almost shimmered in the half-light. “Stoneteller’s looking for you.”
Dusk let out a breath silently and stood. “Thanks, Fog. I’ll be there soon.” She touched her nose to Blue’s ear, muttering an apology weakly before leaving without saying goodbye to any of the other elders, much to Sky’s sadness.
----
Stoneteller’s murmurs echoed through the cave as Dusk padded in, her tail waving a little and making her jump as a drop of water landed in front of her. 
“Step left,” Stoneteller mewed sharply, Dusk obeying without thinking, just as another drop landed on the ground to her right, making her frown. Why would he bother telling me that?
The old black tom turned from his herb stores, looking Dusk up and down with his piercing gaze and frowning. “You seem troubled.”
“You wouldn’t be the first to say it,” Dusk huffed, sitting out of the way of the dripping stalactites and watching as Stoneteller padded closer and sat beside her. “Why did you need me?”
“Because,” Stoneteller gestured to the skies above, where not a wisp of cloud covered the deep blue except a small fluff, which was moulded into shapes as it travelled across the sky. “The Tribe of Endless Hunting has told me that you are not happy here.”
Dusk’s gaze immediately shot to the tom. “What?”
Stoneteller purred softly. “It’s not exactly hard to see, Dusk. You’re uncomfortable with life in this Tribe, and I’m guessing you don’t want to be an old, creaky cat like me having not seen the rest of the world?” Dusk looked down, feeling a little berated, but Stoneteller continued regardless. “The Tribe also told me that your ancestors are in trouble, and that only you can help them.” 
Dusk frowned. “My...ancestors? The Tribe of Endless Hunting are in trouble?” Her confusion was obvious, and it only grew as Stoneteller shook his head.
“No. The Clans.” 
“The Clans?” Dusk stared at him, sure he’d gone mad. “They’re kit stories, Stoneteller. Should I get someone to help jog your memory?”
Stoneteller snorted. “I’m not quite that old yet. You are descended from a Clan cat called Stormfur, have you heard of him?”
Dusk simply nodded quietly, her eyes wide. 
“Well, he still has kin in the Clans, and the Clans seem to be in trouble. Their ancestors and ours are linked by history, but you are one of the strongest bonds we’ve ever had.” He moved a little closer. “Their fate is in your paws. I shall teach you a few things before you leave, so that they will believe you’re the next Stoneteller, but you will have to travel alone.” He padded over to the herb store and started looking through it as if Dusk wasn’t even there, leaving the she-cat a little shaken up. She padded out once she realised they were done for the day, only then realising that there were groans of pain echoing around the Cave. Rain’s kits!

Chapter 4:
Morningsky’s heart thumped along with the thundering of her and Willowfeather’s paws, the warrior having been sent back from the patrol to fetch her. The reason why soon became apparent; a WindClan patrol was standing on the opposite side of the stream, yet something was definitely...off about them. 
Hazelstar turned as Morningsky arrived, and the medicine cat was relieved to notice that nobody seemed to be harmed. She looked between the cream-furred leader and the other warriors, catching her breath. “What’s going on?”
Hazelstar went to reply but was interrupted by a brown WindClan she-cat she struggled to remember the name of. A small apprentice peeked out from behind her, along with another warrior whom looked as if he’d seen a ghost. “We’ve come to ask for your help. Gorsestep is dead.” 
Morningsky’s eyes widened in shock. “I...what? Dead? How?” He wasn’t even close to dying at the half moon meeting!
“We don’t know.” Yet another warrior, a black tom this time, fidgeted on his paws. “This sickness that plagued us, it’s never left. RiverClan can’t spare Tinyleaf, she’s run off her paws, and judging from what she told us, ShadowClan isn’t any better.” 
Morningsky looked at Hazelstar, who had her eyes narrowed in suspicion. “How can we know that you’re not lying just to steal our medicine cat?”
A feeling of shock spread through the ThunderClan patrol, Morningsky letting her jaw drop.
“Hazelstar,” Icewhisker hissed at the leader, looking at the group of WindClan cats, ragged and unkempt. “They look like they’re starving. We can’t just let them die, it’s in the Code!” 
Hazelstar shot the warrior a glare, then looked at the WindClan cats. “We refuse. If you don’t leave now, we will make you.” She bared her teeth, and much to the ThunderClan cats’ surprise the WindClan cats obeyed, if a little reluctantly. The brown she-cat who’d spoken first glanced at Morningsky, and the medicine cat wished more than anything she could somehow send her a message. I’ll do something about this even if it gets me killed.
“Icewhisker, what in your right mind made you defy me in front of an enemy patrol?” Hazelstar’s bared teeth faced her own warrior now, and it took all of Morningsky’s strength not to leap in front of the warrior.
Icewhisker dipped his head, not saying anything, and Hazelstar let out a small ‘hmph’. “Anyone who disobeys me will face serious consequences.” Her gaze travelled through the group, not excluding the medicine cat. “Let’s go back to camp.”
----
Later that evening, Morningsky watched as the dusk patrol returned, noting how their hackles were raised and tails fluffed. The small group talked to the deputy Thrushtail in hushed tones, the patrol leader Brindlespots looking very unsettled. The deputy dismissed them and made his way up to the Highledge, probably to talk to Hazelstar, and the patrol split, with Rippleflame making his way over to Morningsky outside her ivy-covered den.
“Those WindClan cats were there again.” Rippleflame mewed as he sat down beside the medicine cat, who gave him a quick lick between the ears. “I can’t believe Hazelstar would dismiss them like that.”
“She’ll come around eventually. I haven’t told her about Leafykit,” Morningsky added softly, hearing the faint coughing from her den. The kit had got worse during the day, and now Swallowcloud, though she wouldn’t admit it, was also starting to cough a little. Stormkit and Duskkit seemed fine, for now, though Morningsky worried about Mistystripe and her kits, whom were due to be born soon. 
Rippleflame sighed again and rested his chin on his littermate’s shoulder after stealing a bite of her half-eaten thrush, taking advantage of Morningsky’s musing. “She won’t, you know. Both of them are as stubborn as two rocks wedged in the camp walls,” he purred jokingly, looking up at the worn rock-face that had sheltered their Clan for many moons.
Morningsky snorted gently, amused by the accurate comparison. “I know. I wish I could do something without directly disobeying them.” She shook her head, then glanced at Rippleflame as he kept eating her abandoned meal. “Are you going to the Gathering tomorrow night?”
Rippleflame nodded, mewing through a mouthful. “I wonder what it’ll be like if WindClan doesn’t turn up. Skylily said that Poppystar had fallen just as ill as the rest of their cats.” 
Morningsky frowned, then remembered the brown she-cat from the border’s name. “Skylily was there when I went this morning. Was there another warrior, a black tom?” As Rippleflame nodded, Morningsky grit her teeth. “That settles it. I’m going to head to WindClan with some herbs, otherwise they’ll die.”
Rippleflame covered her muzzle with his tail, indicating for her to keep quiet. “Well, I’m coming with you, then. Otherwise you’ll get slaughtered by some fox and then haunt me from StarClan,” he joked quielty, nudging his sister as he got to his paws. “Show me what we need to take. I’ll get one of the other warriors to say we’re just herb collecting.”
Morningsky’s heart swelled with love for her brother, nuzzling his cheek for a moment before leading him into the medicine den. “Let me check on Leafykit fi-...” Her eyes widened and she rushed to the kit, the stale scent of his breath hanging in the air and his pelt cold against her nose. “Oh StarClan, no…”

Chapter 5:
A faint wailing echoed through the cave behind the waterfall, the same as it had been since before the sun set. Dusk lay in her nest, unmoving and unspeaking, the rest of the Tribe respecting her and keeping a distance. Stupid Stoneteller, she thought, sinking her claws into the nest beneath her. I could have helped, and he knew it.
As she thought to herself Stoneteller padded out from one of the larger sub-caves known as the nursery, his pawsteps heavy and gaze low to the ground. “Rain is dead,” he announced heavily to the rest of the cats gathered in waiting, and a murmur of sorrow spread through them.
Hearing the words made Dusk’s heart clench, and she got to her paws to pad over, but Stoneteller raised his tail to stop her. “Mist is with the kits. We have three new Tribe members to thank her for, and luckily Stream still has milk to share. Let us feast in Rain’s memory, and wish her well on her travel to the Tribe of Endless Hunting.” The Tribe of Rushing Water murmured in agreement, a few cats , separating off into smaller groups to share some prey together.
Dusk sighed a little. “Can I see them?” she asked softly. “They are my kin, after all.”
“They’re mine too.” Another cat padded up, a black tom with a sharp amber gaze. “I was Rain’s mate after all.”
Dusk narrowed her gaze, biting her tongue to stop the bitter retort from leaving her mouth. It’s your fault she died, Wolf.
Stoneteller nodded, though he did look a little reluctant. “Not too long, though. They’re still weak.” 
Wolf nodded, dipping his head with respect and padding in without waiting for Dusk. She went to follow, but Stoneteller leaned in a little and mewed quietly in her ear. “It’s not his fault, Dusk. It was Rain’s fate to die kitting.” 
Dusk’s eyes narrowed, and she stepped away from the older cat. “Well if I was Stoneteller, I’d take a good look at myself and realise I let an innocent she-cat die just because some leaves and clouds told me so,” she spat sharply, not caring she was making a scene and stalking into the darkened nursery with a growl in her throat.
Stream looked up from the kits nestled at her belly with surprise. “Are you okay?”
Dusk nodded, taking a few breaths and forcing her fur to lie flat again before she stepped forward to see the kits. The trio slept soundly beside Stream’s warm belly, a cluster of white, black, and pale grey tabby fur. 
“I’ve thought of some names,” Wolf mewed into the slightly awkward silence. “I just wanted to check that they were okay.” Stream nodded, encouraging him to continue. 
“Flight of Startled Rabbit, Ivy that Clings to Stone,” he mewed, gently touching the black and white patched tom and solid black she-kit in succession, Stream nodding again in agreement. “And-”
“Silence of Snowy Night,” Dusk interrupted suddenly, looking at the smallest she-kit, a perfect replica of her sister’s beautiful grey tabby fur. Wolf looked slightly surprised, but agreed with a curt nod. 
Stream purred and tucked the kits a little closer with her tail. “Flight, Ivy, and Night.  Perfect little Tribe names.” As she started to groom them Dusk’s gaze was drawn to Wolf, the tom standing over the litter as if he owned them, with a look in his eyes that she couldn’t pin down properly. Dusk felt a breeze through the entrance to the nursery, though that shouldn’t be possible, and a small shiver ran down Dusk’s spine. Rain, she realised, looking back at the kits. They’ll be safe as long as I’m here to protect them, I promise on my life.

Last edited by Willowstorm on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:57 am; edited 12 times in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sparkle W I L L O W S T O R M sparkle

Kitties:
this isn't up to date FYI
Dusk - Tulippaw(m), Stormpoppy, Riverswoop, Nightfrost, Rainpaw, Moonpaw, Sablepaw, Brindlepaw, Eveningkit, Wisteriakit
Fire - Owlpaw(m) Acornwhisker, Thorntail, Ambershine, Sundapple, Clayfrost, Cloudpaw, Milkkit, Pepperkit, Petalkit
Water - Mistleleaf(m) Rubblewind, Cedarhowl, Poolglow, Silverdawn, Snowlily, Tanglewind, Quartzpaw, Carppaw, Bumblepaw, Mallowkit, Sorrelkit, Blossomkit
Bright - Ivorystar, Snowyspirit, Cherrywind, Bluedawn, Sleekfire, Wavespirit, Risingsun, Thrushpaw, Ryepaw, Flickerpaw, Lionkit, Aspenflame(e)
Frost - Falconpaw(m), Foresthowl, Lynxfang, Echowing, Hailfeather, Briarscorch, Lichenpaw, Clearpaw, Emberpaw, Twilightkit
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: Dusk's Purpose

Post by Willowstorm on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 pm

(Hijacking this old post to put in the rest of the story once it gets too long for the first post)

Last edited by Willowstorm on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kitties:
Dusk - Tulippaw(m), Stormpoppy, Riverswoop, Nightfrost, Rainpaw, Moonpaw, Sablepaw, Brindlepaw, Eveningkit, Wisteriakit
Fire - Owlpaw(m) Acornwhisker, Thorntail, Ambershine, Sundapple, Clayfrost, Cloudpaw, Milkkit, Pepperkit, Petalkit
Water - Mistleleaf(m) Rubblewind, Cedarhowl, Poolglow, Silverdawn, Snowlily, Tanglewind, Quartzpaw, Carppaw, Bumblepaw, Mallowkit, Sorrelkit, Blossomkit
Bright - Ivorystar, Snowyspirit, Cherrywind, Bluedawn, Sleekfire, Wavespirit, Risingsun, Thrushpaw, Ryepaw, Flickerpaw, Lionkit, Aspenflame(e)
Frost - Falconpaw(m), Foresthowl, Lynxfang, Echowing, Hailfeather, Briarscorch, Lichenpaw, Clearpaw, Emberpaw, Twilightkit
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 am

Oooh nice so far!

PitaPata Cat tickers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwXVOO0gl0 - for putting down pineapples with some random yodelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNmb_hlMfGE - for eating egg rolls in a terrifying voice that's out of key
Valkyrie
Audition Instructor
Audition Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am

.o.

*internally screams with excitement*

<(^-^<)
            <( ^-^ )>
                  (>^-^)>

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:20 am

Very Happy thank you both. First chapter (and possibly allegiances) will be up at some point soon lol

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:35 pm

*excited squeals*

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Chapter One is live Smile

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Yay! Can't wait for chapter 2. (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:42 pm

sush swore she posted before
sush loves this!! \
where is the "i love this story" emoji thingy

Sush

Sushi
Super Supporter
Super Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:47 am

Thanks guys haha

Since I'm bored, chapter two will probably be up sometime soon :p

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:25 am

.o. Yass

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisyleap on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:59 am

Wow, this is a great story, Willow, I love it!!! Very Happy <3333

Starlingperch is such a beautiful name where in the world did you come up with that? lol Smile

Daisy's Cats:
Dusk- Littleflower, Hollyshade, Blizzardtuft, Daisyleap, Gingerpatch, Grassflight, Creamtuft
Fire- Redstar, Hawkstep, Stormwatcher, Pebblesplash, Flamefoot, Adderfang, Barley, Daffodilkit, Ivykit
Water- Nightfoot, Peachcloud, Salmonpelt, Seashell, Flowerbelly, Rosepaw, Shorepaw
Bright- Lynxcloud, Oceanspark, Aurorashade, Mistyheart, Scorpionbite, Sparrowbelly, Shimmerpaw, Tumblepaw
Frost- Cloverlily, Longpaw, Scorchwind, Lunarshine, Wrenpaw, Sleetpaw, Ibispaw
RLK- Min, Peony, Indigo, Slash, Fleur, Blair, Tommy, Bellamy, Shark, Moon, Ryu, Beryllium
Daisyleap
Forum Overseer
Forum Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:53 am

The character is a grumpy old medicine cat I find it hilarious 

Dunno, I just thought it up hehe

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Tue May 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Added the Tribe allegiances, might get the Clans ones up soon too lol

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Added chapter 2 and the ThunderClan allegiances!

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 am

what if windclaning today

DuskClan: Blueshine(elder), Coldfoot(medicine cat), Tawnysky, Dawnfire, Shadowblaze, Hawksky
FireClan: Soraflight(med. cat), Birchstripe, Robinheart, Martenstrike, Flamekit
WaterClan: Turtlesplash(deputy), Marshfeather(app Carppaw), Snailnose, Carrotnose, Leopardspots, Willowpaw(Lostblaze), Spiderpaw(____)
BrightClan: Hazelflight(med. cat) Petrelflight(app Snowpaw), Jasperheart(app Blizzardpaw), Riptidewind, Crabpaw(Snowyspirit) , Mothpaw(Crimsonfang)
FrostClan: Dapplestar, Hailstreak, Fennelstrike, Owlstripe, Crowsong (app: Badgerpaw)
Other: Shard, Jingle, Angus, Dottie, Raccoon

update ur signature...........slime man
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:07 am

What haha

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardspots on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:38 am

autocorrect killed me

what is happening at the windclan border today

DuskClan: Blueshine(elder), Coldfoot(medicine cat), Tawnysky, Dawnfire, Shadowblaze, Hawksky
FireClan: Soraflight(med. cat), Birchstripe, Robinheart, Martenstrike, Flamekit
WaterClan: Turtlesplash(deputy), Marshfeather(app Carppaw), Snailnose, Carrotnose, Leopardspots, Willowpaw(Lostblaze), Spiderpaw(____)
BrightClan: Hazelflight(med. cat) Petrelflight(app Snowpaw), Jasperheart(app Blizzardpaw), Riptidewind, Crabpaw(Snowyspirit) , Mothpaw(Crimsonfang)
FrostClan: Dapplestar, Hailstreak, Fennelstrike, Owlstripe, Crowsong (app: Badgerpaw)
Other: Shard, Jingle, Angus, Dottie, Raccoon

update ur signature...........slime man
Leopardspots
Forum Storyteller
Forum Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:50 am

Heheh you'll have to see lol

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Are you going to continue this? It's really interesting. (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 am

I think I might, eventually lol. It’s been a bit hard to get motivation to do it

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:52 pm

A long time coming! Chapter Three is here, and Chapter Four should be up soon. Smile

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:09 pm

@Sushi wrote:sush swore she posted before
sush loves this!! \
where is the "i love this story" emoji thingy

Back to top Go down

Post by Skybreeze on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 pm

djlfndsklfnfipldfnlsknfldm 
I need more, It's so good!

duskclan - hollowshade, dovefrost snakewhisker, mousepelt, aurorakit
fireclan  - nightpelt, wildclaw, sootpatch, pinepaw
waterclan - darkwatcher, lakemist, woollyfur, riverlily firepool, pigeonpaw
brightclan - foxdapple, ferretstorm, fallenmoon, echopaw
frostclan - graytail, ivyfang, heronfeather, petalpaw, bouncepaw, adderkit, smallkit
other - tanzanite, renji
Skybreeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 pm

:3 thanks haha

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 pm

So amazing omg

Viper
Ridiculously Awesome Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Chapter Four!

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 am

LEAFYKIT WHY

Also, Hazelstar, you bitch

Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowstorm on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 am

Eyy Chapter 5 is out

I'll update the other allegiances as the Clans appear in the story, soz lol. I've put in the Tribe and ThunderClan for now.

Let me know if you want to be in one of the other Clans!

Kitties:
Willowstorm
Head Admin/Creator
Head Admin/Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brindledrop on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:35 pm

it looks delicious.
can i eat it?

i wanna be in one of the other clans, it looks so yummy. nom nom.

PitaPata Cat tickers

Cats:
DuskClan: Alligatorstorm (w)
FireClan: Sunkit (k) Willowpaw (a)
WaterClan: Minnowfrost (w) Cinderpaw (a) Flashkit (k)
BrightClan: Gingersplash (w)
FireClan:
Outside of the Clans
Onyx's Group: Aroma 
Adam & Eve's Group: Adam (l) Elysian (k)
Loners: Eunoia
Kittypets:
Brindledrop
Brilliant Supporter
Brilliant Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top